News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Randy from Black Hawk

Started by Logger, May 08, 2009, 03:11:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Logger

Found this website through the KLR650.net.  Glad I found a local dual sport rider group........Learned how to ride in the back country on a 1962 Honda CA95 (150 Dream).  Had a tough time keeping up with my friends who rode Hodakas and 305 Scramblers.  But that's how you learn.  Like Yeti, I've been riding a series of Goldwings for 20+ years and that's getting old.  Picked up an 07 KLR650 this winter in Arizona and rediscovered the fun of riding off the highway.............Looking forward to the group ride in June.......................Are there any plans for a Tech Day in the Black Hills this summer?  I need to replace my stock doohickey and could use some advice.

Looking forward to meeting other members at the group ride.

Randy Mickel
Black Hawk, SD
(10 miles NW of Rapid City) 

Hank

Hey Randy,

Nice to meet you.  Glad you're enjoying the KLR.   At the DDSR rally it will be about 80% KLR riders.. 
Hopefully someone out there can help you with your doo swap.   If not, you're more than welcome to come E. river and I'll help.. but its about 400 miles...

See you in June.

Caseyjones

Hey Randy.

I just bought an 09, will be pickign it up tomorow and really looking forward to some off hiway fun, Im in New Underwood (20 Mi W of Rapid City) It wont be long after break-in that I hit the grasslands to goof around a little.  I had heard there are many folks quite close.

Tony.

loingrader

Quote from: Hank on May 08, 2009, 08:22:58 PM
 At the DDSR rally it will be about 80% KLR riders.. 

...because they are awesome in the hills. 

they just flat out work.  i'm a little more partial to the retro klr's because they are prettier, but all klr's are beautiful in my eyes.  have fun on those trails and we'll see you in june.

-bret
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro