News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

My first YouTube video!

Started by The Yeti, October 03, 2008, 09:19:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Yeti

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hHF2LceBVE

Be kind, this is my first attempt at creating a YouTube video. Just a little Jack Johnson with pics & vids from the first two DDSR rallies.

For some reason, some of the effects and dissolves I put in didn't make it to YouTube...???
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

ScubaMoto

That's a pretty sweet video Alan...  I liked the use of the logo/sticker to begin and close it too.  You got it all, crashes, riding over rocks, down hills, up hills, through water, and camping.  Wasn't at all suprised to see the video of you almost getting hit by Brian in the June Rally...that's a classic!!
"If women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2005 Kawasaki KLR650
2002 Honda Accord EX

fringefan

Nice vid. Jelous you made Brian some Jack Johnson CD's.

The Yeti

Quote from: fringefan on October 03, 2008, 11:57:04 AM
Nice vid. Jelous you made Brian some Jack Johnson CD's.

They're just MP3s, you can get a copy from him if you want, or I can burn you one...

Hank

That's pretty sweet Yeti.    We need to make you official promotions director of DDSR!

Dustin

Great video Yeti!!! I like the JJ music.  ;D

LittleJacket

Alan-you kick ass!  That is one really cool video!  I've watched it about 10 times and thought-what a great group of guys-all strangers- coming together and becoming friends all because of a few dual sport motorcycles and the internet!  Cheers to everyone and thanks for the video Alan aka Mr. Promo Yeti! Ryan
rpjohnso

flexlarson

I love it . LOVE as in LOVE it. Almost pulled a tear I liked it so much , WOW you really are cool. I thought you were cool before. Can you top this.

WOW Its really good. Should be linked on front page of site,
"Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. do it.
... it gets harder before it gets hard.... Get up here..

The Yeti

Thanks all! Was really just something I threw together...not my best work.  ;D

Quote from: flexlarson on October 05, 2008, 09:05:03 PM
Can you top this.

We'll see.  ;)

The Yeti

Quote from: LittleJacket on October 05, 2008, 08:11:40 PM
...and thought-what a great group of guys-all strangers- coming together and becoming friends all because of a few dual sport motorcycles and the internet!

My thoughts exactly!  I feel like I know a few of you guys better than some of the people I call "friends" right now!  :-\

I have to say, I've never met a bad person on a dual-sport yet!!   ;D

Jared

Terrific video!!
p.s. what is the bike at 1:15?

LittleJacket

Quote from: The Yeti on October 05, 2008, 10:01:21 PM
Thanks all! Was really just something I threw together...not my best work.  ;D

Quote from: flexlarson on October 05, 2008, 09:05:03 PM
Can you top this.

We'll see.  ;)

Not your best work eh!  You are very humble.  I can't wait to see what your best work looks like!
rpjohnso

The Yeti

QuoteNot your best work eh!  You are very humble.  I can't wait to see what your best work looks like!

Well, this is what I do for a living.  ;D

I'll see if I can't come up with something with a little more "flash"...

The Yeti

Quote from: AquaTop on October 06, 2008, 11:38:27 AM
Terrific video!!
p.s. what is the bike at 1:15?

That's a BMW 650GS. Belongs to (grey haired guy, can't remember his name, I think it was Dan, someone correct me if I'm wrong). That was on the infamous Camp 5 creek beds and he was VERY tired by that point, you'll notice a few of the guys pushing the GS the rest of the way across that rocky bit.

Edit: His name is James (thanks for reminding me, Ryan)!

Dratharr

Wow great job Alan, I really enjoyed the video! Have you had any snow up there yet?