News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

I Hate Mud!

Started by The Yeti, May 04, 2009, 03:04:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Yeti

Saturday, riding alone, I went through this mud hole once, hit a dead end and had to come back through. First time through was a breeze...second time, not so much. I think I was riding the crest between ruts and fell into a rut, causing me to fall over into the slime. Left boot trapped under bike, had to dig in the mud for a minute before I could free myself. Was glad I had my new SG-10s, couldn't even feel the 450lbs on my ankle/calf. Only bruise was from the hinge on my knee gaurds digging into the side of my knee. This is the first time I've dropped her solo, good to know I can actually lift her back up by my lonesome.....wasn't easy, especially with all the mud, but I felt good after.

Riding home in 50f soaking wet, with boots full of water, was no fun....had to stop a few times just to warm up. The worst part was wet gloves...now carrying spares.  ;D

"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

Dustin

Yeti - That's just awesome that you can drop your bike and be cool enough to stand back and take pictures!

I'm the type to hurry pick it up then look around to see who notices!!  ;D

Hank

I'm with Dustin on that.  I'd be swearing a blue streak and I'd probably tear my arm out of their sockets trying to pick it up so fast.   Must be nice to be calm   8)

So how did it start after laying on its side for that long?   Did you get your canisterectomy done this winter?

The Yeti

No canisterectomy yet....was a bit rough starting after the nap, but nothing too bad.

I was glad I had the presence of mind to hit the kill switch on the way down, although the water probably wasn't deep enough to suck in the engine.

fringefan

The problem with those big wide dirt roads is they get big wide mud puddles. Better off sticking to single track/ two track trails with lots of rocks to help for traction.  ;D

The Yeti

Ummmm...uh...I...wha.........shut up!!   ;D