News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Yeti & Excess take the hill!

Started by The Yeti, April 13, 2010, 05:16:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Yeti

I'm really gettin the itch to ride...but, since my schedule and the weather's schedule haven't allowed me the opportunity yet this year, I was going through some pics from last year and noticed I hadn't posted these yet.

This is when excess and myself set out over Camp 5 (we were hauling ASS, btw) and ended up at the hill that broke the mirror off of loingraders Barbie KLR.   :'(

Here's the view from the top (for those of you who haven't seen it in person  ;D ):

Austin sez, "It's that second step that'll get ya!"

Gotta luv his Husaberg, that thing will tractor up anything:

The mighty WRR perched atop said hill:

A little later on, excess was trying to find a trail he was on earlier...we didn't find it and ended up in this interesting terrain:

Kinda like what I would imagine riding on Mars would be like.   ;D

Enjoy!  And if you get out and ride before me, post some pics so I can live vicariously!

"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

loingrader

Quote from: The Yeti on April 13, 2010, 05:16:36 PM
Here's the view from the top (for those of you who haven't seen it in person  ;D ):

i keep trying to forget about that damn hill, but it still haunts me.  my barbie bike and i will make it up there if it's the last thing we do! (but i'll probably remove my mirrors before i try it again)

thanks for the pics yeti. 
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

fringefan

I can't forget that hill it only took me a couple rides up it to make it. I found one the other day riding out towards Hisega on lost cabin rd( I think) or at least the road that goes to the mtb trail bone collector. Where the rhode turns to the left and there is a big pit on your right, there is a trail just passsed the pit on your right that will lead up to a hill that I was too chicken to attempt by myself. Pretty sure it is steeper than the one  we did last year but not as long. Between the steepness and the fact my battery is bad I figured it would not be wise and need to wait till I had a wingman.