News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

east of farmingdale

Started by hayduke.klr07, April 14, 2010, 11:42:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hayduke.klr07

This past sunday, Gus, Shep, and myself motovated and went east to farmingdale. went in east just south of the mx track area.  came out (after getting turned around a few times) on i think it is the Creston road and back on lower spring creek road.  great afternoon.

fringefan

KLR, little pasture land, and a few buddies is always a good time.

The Yeti

I love that area, you can ride for hours and not see the same trail twice.  Great scenery, too!

Nice pics, thanks for posting!
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

Hank

Is that public land?  Looks fun.

hayduke.klr07

yes' it is public land.  the buffalo gap national grassland is also about to make their decision on travel management.  from the sounds of it there are going to be three "open" cross-country areas.  a few thousand acres worth.  mostly in the railroad buttes area which we were just east of.  otherwise it will be "closed" as in you must stay on designated "trails/roads."  same thing that is happening nation wide.  check out the Nebraska National Forest website to see the alternative maps.  the nebraska manages the buffalo gap grasslands. 
i'm betting on alt 3 as the decision.

it definitely a cool area.  i will go back this spring.  i can tell you this though...i want it to be dry when i do.

OOFDA

Beautiful country! Looks like the tree removal project is a success!
Thanks for the pics.

OOFDA

The Yeti

Quote from: hayduke.klr07 on April 15, 2010, 05:16:13 PM
it definitely a cool area.  i will go back this spring.  i can tell you this though...i want it to be dry when i do.

Tell me about it!

"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

OOFDA

I can see you DDS riders sure know how to have fun! How long will it take to dry up enough to get it out?

OOFDA