News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Does this count for dual sport?

Started by Number Two, March 17, 2011, 11:25:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Number Two

Well, with all the negativity about the winter months, I felt it was time to bring some balance to the force.  The phrase dual sport being unnecessarily broad, can you ID the two sports?

mmmm. winter.

plumber mike

I think just surviving winter when many places have already started spring is an extreme sport in itself.

I'll take another clue, please.

Number Two

Number Two

Well, anyway I went up to the Snowies with a friend.  I towed him up to Brown's Peak on my snow machine, and we spent the day back country snowboarding.  I did get new 606s spooned onto the XR, so when the weather changes, I'll be ready.

Number Two

Went again last weekend.

The tow rig and a view of the chutes off the East face of Medicine Bow Peak

Machine is a heavily used 05 skidoo summit 800

Start of the climb

Number Two

Up...

Up...

Summit!  (Medicine Bow Peak 12,013 ft)

Number Two

Cornice and view as the weather starts to set in

Making some turns

woosh

Number Two

Anyone else?  Other snow adventures out there?  Let's seem 'em?

You guys in the northern hills get good snow, right?

greatbuffalo

I just found this thread. Man I'm seriously jealous :P
Next winter, you have to make me part of this.
I love to ski and love it better where there are no lifts.
Count me in next winter. Hell, there's gotta be other skiers/SBers and snowmobilers in this group. I don't have a snowmobile but I got lots of ski gear I can share.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Number Two

Number Two

Just snow machines this time, but had great fun in the spring snow.

Looking down from right above Lake Marie - view of the highway

From the top of School House Rock

A little get-off I had jumping up a steep drift sideways.  If you can get it going by yourself, it doesn't count.

Number Two

I would think snow machines would be part of the natural progression for DS riders.  If you haven't done it, you've at least thought about it right?

The thing that makes a snow machine unique in the motorsports world is the aspect of cross country travel.  In most other sports, you are limited to the road or trail.  With a snow machine, you can roam about freely, and the sensation is rather addicting.  The machines are so capable now that you really can go anywhere too: discover hidden meadows (and mark them on the GPS for next elk season), steep timber, and my favorite - mountain faces.

It looked like the season might be winding down after last weekend's blue bird, but the peaks got another foot yesterday - WOOHOO!!!

Hank

I hadn't had a sled in over 10 years, but bought an old (96) MXZ-583 Skidoo this year.  I think I put all of 200 miles on it, but it was fun, for very little cash.

I was amazed at how much sled you can get for almost no $!!
Craigs was lousy with sleds all winter.

Number Two

The 583 and 670 Rotax were rotary valve, and laid a good spanking on the competition during their time.  Where have you been riding out there - farm, ditch bangin, do they have trails?