News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

ride the hills

Started by loingrader, September 08, 2008, 11:23:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

loingrader

the river hills that is.  took these pics on sunday near the missouri river just north of the platte/winner bridge.  went with a couple guys who rode full out motorcross race bikes (crf450, yz250f).  i felt like i was riding an elephant on stilts.  the pictures do not do justice to the beauty of those hills.  we could ride anywhere we wanted.  there were some pretty steep hill climbs, and some pretty rough stuff.  made the last dds rally look pretty tame.  i made it almost everywhere they did (except for the really wet mud close to the water), just didn't get there near as quickly.  i will be riding the kdx next time.

You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

Hank

Looks like a great ride, especially for Eastern SD.   Your KDX would be a blast out there.
Is that all public land?

loingrader

it's not public land per se, but it's owners do not care if people ride responsibly on it.  there are cows around, we just stay away from them.  have to go thru a few gates (we close them behind us).  i think people have been riding out there for a long time, without any issues.  only in small town, rural america does something like this work.  i'm glad it does.
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

Dustin

I like the DDSR sticker on the front of your bike!!!  ;D

The Yeti

Quote from: Dustin on September 09, 2008, 05:54:09 PM
I like the DDSR sticker on the front of your bike!!!  ;D

Holy crap! I totally missed that!! Very nice!
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

loingrader

yea, i'm sporting a prototype ddsr sticker until our official ones are decided upon and produced.  good eye dustin! 

Dustin

I can't wait for the DDSR stickers I have the perfect spot for one!!  ;D

LittleJacket

Now that looks fun!  Would that area be a good spot for doing a group ride?  That would be one heck of a find for us eastern boys and a great spot to ride and camp on a more regular basis if possible!   
rpjohnso

loingrader

it might be.  i need to take a few more rides out there to make absolutely sure that the land owners don't care if we are there before i would feel comfortable with having a group ride out there.  i'm definatly wanting to head that direction though.  we'll see what happens...

LittleJacket

that would be awesome to have a good place to ride on the river.  it's definitely worth looking in to.
rpjohnso