News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Massive Air on a KTM

Started by Bogus Jim, October 19, 2013, 11:01:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bogus Jim

Long boring intro in this video, skip to the jump @ 2:20. Wow...

Beats my longest by about 200 ft.  ;D

Osnabrock

That's nothing.
Here's impressive err (not air) on a Sherco.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhRnX87mymE&feature=player_embedded#at=234
At 2.50 for the impatient.
"Don't be scared, it's fun.  I'll cheer you on."

greatbuffalo

Both of those are bloody beautiful.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

chris_king

Hank

Impressively smooth landing.  For perspective, Evil Kneivel's longest jump ever was 141 feet, in which he crash landed and broke about a bazillion bones.

Guess an XR750 isn't suspended as well  8)

Fletch

Quote from: Hank on October 21, 2013, 03:35:05 PM
Impressively smooth landing.  For perspective, Evil Kneivel's longest jump ever was 141 feet, in which he crash landed and broke about a bazillion bones.

Guess an XR750 isn't suspended as well  8)

crazy times, I think it was Travis Pastrana that jumped the fountain at Ceasars palace (with a backflip). the same jump that almost killed EK.
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

greatbuffalo

It really is amazing how far we've come in technology that makes some of the ridiculous stunts of the past, far more possible. It did take huge kahunas to straddle a HD with a few minor mods and do what Evil did. That or loads of drugs and alcohol.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Bogus Jim

For world record stunts... sometimes it takes state of the art technology... sometimes it takes Huge Kahunas... sometimes it just takes a lot of determination and a really stupid idea. One of my high school buddies holds the Guinness world record for driving backwards.   ;D

http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-the-world-record-speed-%26%2347%3B-distance-for-driving-in-reverse

He also tried to set the world record for longest jump in a car, that attempt did not go as well.