News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Cell tower "tree"

Started by Bogus Jim, May 12, 2015, 10:38:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bogus Jim

Anybody seen the big new cell tower between sugar shack and pilot knob? They put branches on it to make it look like a tree, what a weird looking contraption.

Lonesome Dave

I'm sorry Jimbo, I know you didn't get out riding much last year, but it you're talking about the one on Merritt Estes road it's been there since at least last summer.

I have question, I know there's at least two more of the fake cellular trees.  Where are they?  And, are there more than just two?
Older - Wiser - Faster !

greatbuffalo

There's an engineering firm in Yankton that designs those things. I've always said that I hope their engineering work is better their design work. My 5 year old granddaughter could design a more realistic looking tree with pipe cleaners.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Bogus Jim

I think I saw it last summer but it was just a steel pole. Apparently it takes a few months for the branches to start growing, they're pretty big now.

Hank

LOL Jim.    One of my college roommates is way up the food chain at that Yankton firm.    I'll tell him his towers are ugly.

Hank

Robmicgrn

Here is the one Jim is referring to. See if you can spot it :o It can be tricky. I took these 08/2013 when I first saw it. Blew me away how well it blended in............. Not!

"You don't know how fast you can go till you crash"

Fletch

stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

cman60

A lot better than what we have here in Missouri.
Every day is a good day to ride, just some are better than others.

loingrader

Quote from: Robmicgrn on May 13, 2015, 12:04:16 PM
Here is the one Jim is referring to. See if you can spot it :o It can be tricky. I took these 08/2013 when I first saw it. Blew me away how well it blended in............. Not!

I think that could almost make it into our running joke thread.  I appreciate the effort they are making but wow, for what that must have cost I don't think its worth the laughs.
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro