News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Inyan Kara

Started by Bogus Jim, April 03, 2012, 10:25:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bogus Jim

Just curious, is anyone on this forum planning to ride Inyan Kara enduro this year? It's the Sunday before the DDSR rally this year, last year it was the same weekend as DDSR rally.

sam i am

It's on my to-do-list for the summer.  I've never done it before, but all the videos I've seen make the race look like a real blast!  :D

Fletch

I'm not sure? I haven't signed up yet, but I still might? it is fun, if you haven't done it before you need to at least try it once.
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

jacin theis

can someone post a link to this? sounds interesting.
Whos in for a big trip? Alsaka? Moab (again)? Baja?
1100 GS

Fletch

it's a national again this year too:
http://uptonwyo.com/home/index2.php?option=com_content&do_pdf=1&id=28

entry form:
http://racermec.org/images/RMEC/2012/Entries/2012_Inyan_Kara.pdf

do to it being a national AMA membership is required.

Bogus Jim

Here's a 2009 ride report, from a C rider. Also the track log of the C loop.

http://www.smith-offroad.com/articles/inyan-kara-national-enduro-2009

Fletch

Its a tough call what class to get in. WHne I started doing Enduros (Pine Ridge and Inyan Kara) I did the C class and felt like I didn't get to ride enough. the next year I went B class and was completely whipped by the end? Personally if you are in any shape at all I would sign up for the B class to get your moneys worth ;)

Sportfaller

I'll go watch or pit for someone!  Dont think the 800GS is really up to it. 
Josh
"Now the chokers, and the chain saws, and the log trucks have been stilled, now spotted owls, and hippy galls, run freely through the woods!"

Fletch

Quote from: Sportfaller on April 04, 2012, 05:21:51 PM

IF you could complete it without houring out on the GS you would be my idol!!

plumber mike

Quote from: Fletch on April 05, 2012, 09:13:33 AM
Quote from: Sportfaller on April 04, 2012, 05:21:51 PM

IF you could complete it without houring out on the GS you would be my idol!!

I think it would be a blast just trying to be your idol ;D Imma look into this. Thanks guys

Osnabrock

On some of the enduros here in MN, they do the same thing in making the C class course shorter.  A real bummer if you ask me, but I suppose they don't want disabled bikes and worn out people strewn about all over the course. 
If a person ever wanted to test their mettle by riding the big bikes, this might be the time.  I have no doubt that it's doable by many of the folks on the forum.  Ride Report????????????
"Don't be scared, it's fun.  I'll cheer you on."

Sportfaller

anyone have contact info for the organizers? I've like to offer up some help, maybe as a sweeper, or as a field medic...

Sent from my smarter-than-I-am phone.
Josh
"Now the chokers, and the chain saws, and the log trucks have been stilled, now spotted owls, and hippy galls, run freely through the woods!"