News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

And you thought Camp 5 was bad...?

Started by The Yeti, August 25, 2009, 10:05:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Yeti

Ride report from Riceless over on ADVRider.  It's a month old, but I just now saw it.  Un-effing-believable!!  He took his 950 through the Rubicon trail.    :o

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=480690&highlight=rubicon

I consider Camp 5 the most challenging rock covered trail in the hills...it's a walk in the park compared to this boulder strewn hell of a trail!  I am in complete awe...pretty sure I wouldn't even make it on my 250, and he did it on a 950 Adventure...Riceless is my new hero!
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

loingrader

Quote from: The Yeti on August 25, 2009, 10:05:01 AM
I consider Camp 5 the most challenging rock covered trail in the hills...

it's not, by a long shot.  the black hills have some of the toughest 4x4 trails in the country.  they just don't look anything like a trail.  have flex show you a few of them.  no way you could get a motorcycle to travel more than 20 feet on the tough ones.

that being said, taking a 950 down the rubi trail is cool.  props to that guy!  i bet it would be more fun than you think in your wr yeti.  throw a little sprocket on the front and just tractor away.

thanks for the link.
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

The Yeti

Quote from: loingrader on August 25, 2009, 01:10:37 PM
Quote from: The Yeti on August 25, 2009, 10:05:01 AM
I consider Camp 5 the most challenging rock covered trail in the hills...

it's not, by a long shot. 

I should have qualified that with "that I've ridden".   ;D  I know there's tougher trails out there, but I really don't want to tackle anything higher up the scale than Camp 5...a least, not yet.   :evil

excess

everybody keeps talking about the guy on the 950.....what about the poor guy on the husaberg those things take some skill to ride ;D

thanks for the link yeti that was a great read. i'm subscribed it sounds like there is more to the story (maybe the guy with the broken ribs will have something to add)

The Yeti

Quote from: excess on August 25, 2009, 09:07:39 PM
everybody keeps talking about the guy on the 950.....what about the poor guy on the husaberg those things take some skill to ride ;D 

That Husaberg will tractor through ANYTHING!  Plus, you wouldn't even notice the rough spots with the thump that thing put out.   ;)

Hank

plumber mike

Are you referring to camp5 road in boulder canyon connecting up somewhere near the gilt edge mine?

The Yeti

Quote from: plumber mike on August 26, 2009, 12:04:32 AM
Are you referring to camp5 road in boulder canyon connecting up somewhere near the gilt edge mine?

Yup.

loingrader

3 more weeks!!!!!   WHOO HOOO!!!!

i'm ready for a little camp 5 action!
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

Hank

I had to read that report a couple times.   I think that would be fun on a KDX.  Not so much on a nine-fiddy.   Wow..

fringefan

You guys will really like the single track trail we rhode last time, makes camp 5 easy ;D Sucks I have not been on the bike more than a handful of times and only twice offroad which includes the last ralley.

plumber mike

Quote from: fringefan on August 27, 2009, 06:00:36 PM
You guys will really like the single track trail we rhode last time, makes camp 5 easy ;D Sucks I have not been on the bike more than a handful of times and only twice offroad which includes the last ralley.

Where is this awesome single track you speak of?

The Yeti

Quote from: plumber mike on August 27, 2009, 10:09:30 PM
Quote from: fringefan on August 27, 2009, 06:00:36 PM

Where is this awesome single track you speak of?

I chickened out when I was on the 950, but I know it starts just east of the Sugar Shack and connects up with the Pilot Knob portion of the Centennial Trail.