News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Feeler: 00 KLR for sale.

Started by Hank, February 06, 2010, 05:17:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hank

This used to be mine, is now my brother in law's.

Thinking of selling, just testing the market I guess.

2000 model
Just over 10K miles
New Kenda K270s (around 1K miles on them)
4K on chain/sprockets
New battery last yr
IMS tank
Moose or moose clone footpegs
Fork brace
Skid plate
Doo is done
Rear bag mounts / crash bars
Front crash bar / highway pegs
All chassis bearings have been lubed
Bark busters (or similar)

$2300??

Handsome spokesmodel not included.

Dustin

That's too cheap!  :o

I'd jump, but who can really ride two KLR's at once...

loingrader

this is an awesome klr. 

i'm like dustin, if i didn't have one i'd already have this one in my garage asap!
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

plumber mike

Why must you keep tormenting me? I have been very firmly told that the next thing I bring home with a motor had better be large enough to live in. So I guess I'd better get an RV before I get a KLR. :'(

loingrader

as much as it hurts to thin the heard mike, have you considered that? 

or here's another angle.  buy the klr for the rough stuff and think of all the money you would save on repairs to your bmw!  its the responsible thing to do.
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

Hank

Chris (brother in law) is wanting a sport tourer of some kind (Blackbird likely), so thats the reason for the potential sale.   I keep telling him he needs both, and he should keep this fine KLR, but he won't listen to reason.

loingrader

both would be the obvious choice, but if this allows someone to utilize that fine klr you built, then it's a win win (cause i know he'll love the xx)

plumber mike

Most every time I get rid of something I regret it, and wind up spending double to replace it. I will only add to the fleet rather than sell. I think he will miss this bike and $2300 will not get a decent sport touring bike.

This KLR, a Transalp on ADV and the NEED for a Ural have my emotions pulled every direction. Lucky for me my wife keeps me well grounded :'(. With a soon to be 3 year old and what looks to be another on the way my next bike might be a PW50  :o

I'll let the locals know of this nice bike at this sweet price.

The Yeti

Quote from: Hank on February 09, 2010, 10:16:03 AM
Chris (brother in law) is wanting a sport tourer of some kind (Blackbird likely), so thats the reason for the potential sale.   I keep telling him he needs both, and he should keep this fine KLR, but he won't listen to reason.

So, Camp 5 turned him off of the off-road??  Did he ever get his tennis elbow healed up?  Was that a factor in his decision to stay on the slab?  I had the elbow thing real bad for about 6-8 months, but finally cleared it up with some home therapy...if Chris needs some advice, I'll surely share my method.  ;D
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

Hank

I think the tennis elbow thing is better.   

I don't think anything "turned him off", in fact I think he had a blast, but I guess a big street bike is just more interesting to him.

loingrader

i truly love dual sporting, and KLR's (especially this one) are awesome. 

but, there is a LOT to be said for all the beautiful country you can see in a short amount of time, on a well appointed sport tourer. 

bump for a nice KLR650.   ;D

Hank

SOLD to our very own allniterider!

fringefan

Excellent. Tried to start mine this morning and no go, so I have this guy that lives accross the street and even though it is half the bike I rhode his BMW to work.

Hank

Jim (allniterider) picked up the bike this morning and hauled it home to Wiscony.

Great guy and a real rider (48 states / 10K miles in 10 days on his ST!).   He plans to ride the KLR to Alaska w/ a buddy, and I think that's a fitting journey for the bike.  I'm a bit jealous!   Had I the room and use for another bike I'd have bought this one back.  I was sad to see it go in a way.  I think I had a little emotional attachment to it as it was my first bike when I got back into riding and I put a lot of work into it.  Maybe that's a little weird as I haven't even owned it for two years.   ;D

Hank

Oh and when Jim showed up to get the bike in a Camry (I think?) I had to scratch my head a bit..

Then he pulled one of these out of his back seat!!

http://trailerinabag.com/index.html

Very cool.

The Camry, the KLR, and the Trailer In a Bag