News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Riding Saturday April 19, 2014

Started by Robmicgrn, April 18, 2014, 02:01:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robmicgrn

Weather is suppose to be good :), and I have the day off plus a green light from the boss! No real plan of where to ride, but I would like to explore around Victoria Lake, Shanks Quarry and Johnson Siding (not necessarily all in the same day but who knows). Not set in stone, just need to ride, and certainly open to other riding suggestions. I will be enjoying an artery clogging breakfast at the Sugar Shack, and plan on leaving there around 10 a.m ish. I can adjust that time either way if anyone is interested.

Robert
"You don't know how fast you can go till you crash"

Fletch

I'll be riding, but in the wrong direction, headed to Mitchell for Easter with the family. Girls took my pickup last night so I will ride the 1190 over in the morning and all come home Sunday. have fun I'll be thinking about you as I drone along on the highway...
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

Robmicgrn

Enjoy your ride Fletch! Try to keep the beasts front tire on the ground!

Wacked

I can do some riding in the p.m.

Could head out 1130/1200....   That area sounds good

Wacked

chickenhauler31

NEWBIE ALERT!!!
hello... I'm Ken, i'll be there at 10am unless things have changed
email me please, new in town from Colorado springs *(just posted an add on CL looking for riders)
KTM 690R
2013 KTM 690R

Lonesome Dave

Hey chickenhauler welcome to our little group.  You and Robmicgrn will get along very well.  He's eying the 690!  Head over to the new member thread and tells us a little about yourself.  Have fun today. 
Older - Wiser - Faster !

woodsrider 53 RCSD

Sorry I did not ride today wish I could have. I rode 130 miles on Friday and today is yard work day for me hope your having a good ride. Hopefully next weekend we will get together for a ride.

Hank

Hey chickenhauler.. welcome

Sent from my Pocket Altair 8800

Hank

Damn phone.   I picked up a 690 last fall and have finally put some miles on it (after the mandatory pipe, evo 1 airbox and evo1 map)..  I think it might be the funnest thing on 2 wheels.  I giggle like A little kid non stop when on it!

Robmicgrn

We had a great day of riding. Lots of new trails for me (Victoria lake area and Johnson Siding), did some exploring, and we inadvertantly did some trail blazing (I'll blame it on poor trail marking and very little usage  :evil) but an overall good mix of gravel road, trail and single track. Weather and trail conditions were perfect very little dust  ::) and with very little mud (my nemesis).

Thanks Ken and Brad. We will have to do it again soon (next weekend?)!

Quote from: Hank on April 19, 2014, 05:15:59 PM
Damn phone.   I picked up a 690 last fall and have finally put some miles on it (after the mandatory pipe, evo 1 airbox and evo1 map)..  I think it might be the funnest thing on 2 wheels.  I giggle like A little kid non stop when on it!

Hank, i didn't know you had  69O. You have to be pushing that 40 bikes in the stable max ("41 is just to many"). I have a 690 in my sights. Chickenhauler said he spotted one down at Rice, so I will be making a stop there Monday! I have been sold on them for a while, and riding with one yesterday really has kicked me in the butt to find one. Very impressive where Ken was taking his, without any issues (at least not that i could see or hear about). I even think I saw some drool coming out of the corners of Wacked's mouth...........

Wacked

You think that crazy vertical that Ken went for had anything to do with little use on that trail? ....   

It was perfect day of riding.  I was impressed that many of the trails were cleaned up and/or passable after the big  storm

Good Ride!

Hank

Good to hear someone is getting out and enjoying some riding.   Sounds like a fun day, and its great we keep picking up new members!

No, I just have  the 3 bikes - the Tiger Explorer, 690 and 400.   Cara has hers and we have a couple kids bikes around, but I'm a long ways from 40!

My 690 is an 08.. I ended up doing a trade with a guy when I was selling my WR450 last fall.   

chickenhauler31

hey guys great ride yesterday, thanks a MILLION for taking me along, brake checks, scary mud puddles and all... we had an awesome ride!!  I would have offered Robert to trade bikes but not knowing how his wife would blame me for a $10000 toy kept the offer off the table lol
I'm already ready for next weekend, I'll be in and out all week but will try to stay on top of whats going on, so count me in...   
ok I'm off to the newbie intro page so as not to be the gay internet date from Colorado ;) *(thanks WACKED!)
2013 KTM 690R

Bogus Jim

Quote from: Robmicgrn on April 20, 2014, 11:56:20 AM
Hank, i didn't know you had  69O. You have to be pushing that 40 bikes in the stable max ("41 is just to many"). I have a 690 in my sights. Chickenhauler said he spotted one down at Rice, so I will be making a stop there Monday!

Gillette has one as well, and Dillon Brothers, although that's a bit of a drive.

Robmicgrn

Quote from: Bogus Jim on April 20, 2014, 07:37:42 PM
Quote from: Robmicgrn on April 20, 2014, 11:56:20 AM
Hank, i didn't know you had  69O. You have to be pushing that 40 bikes in the stable max ("41 is just to many"). I have a 690 in my sights. Chickenhauler said he spotted one down at Rice, so I will be making a stop there Monday!

Gillette has one as well, and Dillon Brothers, although that's a bit of a drive.

I sat on the one in Gillette a few weeks back when I was working there. I got their OTD price, and would have jumped on it but had to wait for the tax thing to be done. Not sure if I will purchase from Rice, I have never had any luck getting any resemblance of a deal from them ( my 530 xc-w bought in MT when Rice wanted nearly 2k more for the same bike and when I was hot for a KTM 990 Baja, their out the door price was much higher then what I was seeing on the intraweb) so I will be calling for the best price from whomever. Gillette is close, and I have to go to Omaha for work in a couple weeks anyway! Has anyone ever had any luck haggling with Rice? They sure do seem proud of their stuff and pricing.