News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

2005 yamaha fjr1300 for sale

Started by numb41, March 19, 2016, 12:24:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

numb41

http://sd.craigslist.org/mcy/5487312311.html

Had this smooth,fast bike for a year and just couldn't get comfortable on it. Decided to stop making it something it wasn't and go a different route.  Anyway, I think it is alot of bike for the money.

tannerc

Nice fjr. They really do a great job at what they were designed to do, eat up the miles. What did you replace it with?
"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

numb41

I picked up and '08 r1200rt bmw.  15k miles.  Just got to drive it around today.  feels sooo much better.

Dr Psyko

Why does everyone have a bigger garage then me?
11th Commandment: Thou shalt not slide through life.

Robmicgrn

My first "New" street bike was an 85 FJ1100. I paid cash for it with an insurance settlement from my totaled CB900C. The FJ bike was a blast. I had to trade it in for a car when I got married (the first time) and started having kids. That bike got me into a lot of trouble. I was 18 at the time and had it for a couple years. I remember taking a trip from the SF bay area to Southern Cal to visit family. I got a speeding ticket on the way down highway 5. I didn't think I was speeding, but that bike would do 160 n the blink of an eye. I got pulled over on the way home as well. being the smart ass that I was  ::) (okay, still am) I pulled out my ticket from the previous week and handed it to the CHP officer and told him all the info he needed was on this one  ;D. I thought it was funny............ he didn't.........

A new FJ is on my short list of bikes I want............ There are couple ahead of it.
"You don't know how fast you can go till you crash"

numb41

If I had a bike like this in 1985, i'm pretty certain i would'nt be here today.   I've had it up to a buck forty five and that was good enough for me.  On another note; Hey Doc, how's it goin?