News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Badlands / Wasta loop

Started by Bogus Jim, April 13, 2014, 09:29:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bogus Jim

I've been thinking about putting together a loop that hits the Farmingdale trails, Indian Creek trail, some of the Badlands and some roads north of Wasta. Fletch said he found a good road out there last fall, it might be different than the one I'm thinking of.

Not sure the route east of Big Foot is even possible, that might take a scouting ride to figure out. But I think you would really enjoy the Indian Creek trail if you haven't ridden it before, and it might be closed soon if the tribe turns that area into a wilderness park.

Anybody interested in riding this, say sometime in the next month? Would be about 200-225 miles.

Fletch

stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

Robmicgrn

Sounds fun. A totally new area/direction to ride in for me. In.
"You don't know how fast you can go till you crash"

Lonesome Dave

I'm in, someone needs to slow the three of you down.   :D
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Wacked

I'll hang back with Dave and keep him company.

Is this a 1 day loop or camp in the middle loop?

Wacked

Bogus Jim

Quote from: Wacked on April 15, 2014, 01:15:26 PM
Is this a 1 day loop or camp in the middle loop?

I was thinking 1 day ride. There's gas at Wasta so a 100-120 mile range should be OK.

There's a chance of precip Thursday, maybe we should let things dry out another week. Perhaps 26th or 27th? Badlands mud is the mud from hell...

greatbuffalo

Enjoy the ride guys. Wish I could join you.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Fletch

The 27th would be better for me, taking the experienced rider course the 26th. but if that doesn't work out I will catch you guys the next time.
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

greatbuffalo

I've been thinking about that advanced riders course as well. They had no Mitchell dates when I looked last week.

Robmicgrn

The precip never hit like they said it might. I am free and clear Saturday. Next weekend, to far out for me to know yet. If we dont do this ride, I will be riding somewhere on Saturday (all day) if anyone is interested (serious case of spring fever ;D).
"You don't know how fast you can go till you crash"

Bogus Jim

I don't think I can make it this Saturday... if I do ride it will probably be a short one.

sleddog

Take a look at these cords in Google Earth, it's just a little East of your planned route.  I don't know if you can see anything from ground level, but plan to check it out next time I'm on the TSDAT.

N43 36.375 W102 04.351

Bogus Jim

Quote from: sleddog on April 21, 2014, 08:22:40 AM
N43 36.375 W102 04.351

Whoa. Alien landing base, right in the badlands.

greatbuffalo

That is "Reflector City"

Back when this area was being used as a bombing range they set out a large circle of cars for a target. The old name comes for a large scaffold erected there with reflectors all over it to resemble a city skyline.

Been there. got some pictures somewhere. WATCH OUT FOR SNAKES!!  And while your antennas are up for snakes, the grass hoppers taking off will stop your heart from beating.

YOURDRUNKDAD

Any chance I can tag along?  Not many off road guys here at the base and dying to ride..
Also July 18th a buddy of mine from Ut and I are doing the CO and UT BDR's. If your interested in going let me know.