News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Too new

Started by Stevsie, April 15, 2013, 09:03:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stevsie

Hello DDSR's,

My name is Steven and i live in the lead-deadwood area. I've been riding off road up here for about two years. Started out on a yz125 which was quite the task to ride around here. Lots of runs at hills and feathering the clutch to get to the top of them. This has made me a better rider for sure.

I just picked up an 02 CRF450r thats got bajadesigns lights and is street legal. Decent little bike, only road it once so far. Dang snow. ..I plan on doing alot of offroad riding with it and i know tons of trails up here. So if anyone is ever interested to come riding up here i could show them around.

My hobies include driving my toyota over large rocks and anything with wheels pretty much. I've been on a few runs with Black Hills 4Wheelers with my truck so idk if there is anyone here from over there.

I am all about responsible land use and keeping these hills open to people like us. Which seems to get harder and harder.

-Steven  8)

Stevsie

Here is my scooter.

Bogus Jim

Welcome Steven!

Curious if you did any mods to the R for trail riding besides lights? I've read some guys actually prefer the R over the 450X, I guess the X is quite a bit heavier.

Stevsie

I actually just got it on saturday. Went for a ride through spearfish canyon for a shake down. I don't plan on doing much to it, as it seems pretty well set up for me. Coming from a 125, i dont ask for much. Just excited to have the low end power and to actually be able to make it up some of our hills. This will be my summer bike for riding to work and on the weekends. i'm just hoping at this point that its a good road worthy bike that'll last awhile.

My buddy has an XR650L and i can tell you i like mine more because is a tad lighter and i wont feel as bad when i go down on mine.

greatbuffalo

Steven, welcome to the asylum. Some great folks here. Very cool new ride you have there.

Hoping you make it to the rally in June.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Hank

Welcome!   Lets see that bike in June!

Stevsie

Thanks for the welcomes. I'm sure i could come putz around with you guys in june. Fish and Fry is less than 2mi from my house. i have no excuse not to come ha

DSMissed

Hey Steven, I just had a guy come into the store and tell me about this dual sport rally and I was going to tell you to sign up, but I see you already have!

I would love to come to the rally in June, but I'll have to work all of those days :(

Stevsie

Right!? Pretty cool!!!  8)