Hello. New motorcycle rider here.

Started by imonyourcouch, May 30, 2013, 11:42:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imonyourcouch

New to motorcycles.  Wanted one forever, finally took my MSF class.  Just need to find a motorcycle now.

Bought a 1977 ke175 for the wife.  If I can get it running again it should be fun for her, and me probably.  I am hoping to find
something in the 200-400 cc range for myself.  probably a 250, but we will see what I can find. 

Been in the Vermillion area for the last 12-13 years.  Wife is from Sioux Falls.

Hank

Welcome!   Glad you got a bike and are looking to join us dualsporters.    You made a good choice in my opinion, nothing is more fun than playing in the dirt!

My very first bike was a '77 KE175, purchased in about 1985.   Or was it a '78... it was blue, that much I do remember.     Got a pic you can post?

Anyway, welcome to the group!

imonyourcouch

Quote from: Hank on May 30, 2013, 01:57:30 PM
Welcome!   Glad you got a bike and are looking to join us dualsporters.    You made a good choice in my opinion, nothing is more fun than playing in the dirt!

My very first bike was a '77 KE175, purchased in about 1985.   Or was it a '78... it was blue, that much I do remember.     Got a pic you can post?

Anyway, welcome to the group!

Its not much to look at right now.  I have it in pieces in the garage waiting on parts.  It ran the day I test drove it, the day I picked it up it would not spark.  Bought it cheap that way. The coils are not giving he right resistance so I have to order a them. 

I think I saw the link to this forum on your for sale add on advrider?  Every time I saw South Dakota in the title I got excited.

Hank

Yeah that was probably me.   I tend to buy and sell a few bikes :)

greatbuffalo

Welcome to the group. I too had a KE 175 once upon a time. I think they're a great bike.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

imonyourcouch

Finally bought one that runs!
2014 crf250l
Love it.

Fletch

It looks so shiny and new, you need to bring it to the hills for a weekend ;)
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

Hank

Congrats!   It looks sweet.  Better go get it dirty!

greatbuffalo

that is a very cool bike. Great machine at a great price.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?