News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Meh

Started by YOURDRUNKDAD, June 24, 2013, 01:08:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

YOURDRUNKDAD

The being new jargon has all been used so I improvised..

Name is Les Davenport, moved here Box elder/Ellsworth in Oct 2012 with my large famdamily. Wife and 7 kids, and all their dang pets..
I am active Air Force and have been for over 16 years. This is my second time being stationed here and I love it just as much as the first time. I recently sold one of the loves of my life. My 08 WRX, I had a lot done to her she was a work of art. 12.1 1/4 miles and looked good doing it. Well kids are getting to driving ages so it was time to get the sports car off of the insurance. Sooo I bought another toy. 06 DR 650, the Dr. for short (obvious reasons). I have been searching for people to ride with but have had 0 luck. Then on ADV forum I stumbled upon the DDSR sign up, and would you look at that JUST MISSED OUT!!  Cant say I am pleased with this but it did lead me to here and hopefully some new riding partners. I PCS's here from Utah by way of a year in Korea so my ridding buddy is currently 720 miles away.

The Dr. is the second Dual sport I have owned. The first was an impulse buy 96 KLX 650. Oh yea it was a beast. I purchased it Wednesday spent part of Thursday getting it Utah road legal then friday morning headed out on a 350 mile trip.  Have been hooked ever since. Sold the KLX to my brother while I was in Korea with plans of upgrading when I got back to Utah. Well Uncle Sam said nope you have to move so pick where you want to go. 3 picks later here I am. And now with a machine begging to be ridden.

Long story short, Hi I am Les kinda new here def new to the forum. Would love if I was invited on some rides in the near future.

Thanks and a pre nice to meet you. Oh and I don't like long walks on the beach but am down for a weakened hike
Also July 18th a buddy of mine from Ut and I are doing the CO and UT BDR's. If your interested in going let me know.

Hank

Welcome to the group Les!

Nice first post :)    I'm sure you'll have invites to go riding in no time, this is a great group.
Also, a sincere thanks for your service!

greatbuffalo

Welcome Les. Great folks here and should not be long before there are some posts in the "Who's riding" section.

Usually takes a couple of weeks after Spring Rally for it to crank up again.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

YOURDRUNKDAD

Thank you for the overwelming welcome's oh wait.. J/K    Any who, next wed I am headed out on a 4.5 day ride. My riding buddy from Utah, who will from now on be known as Dave, are meeting in Casperr then riding trails to Medacin Bow. Er somethin like that. So I will get my fix. I am hoping to be a little sore if from nothing else atleast fighting the wind.
Also July 18th a buddy of mine from Ut and I are doing the CO and UT BDR's. If your interested in going let me know.