New member. New to the Dakotas. And returning to DS riding.

Started by psheffie, April 28, 2015, 09:06:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

psheffie

Hello everyone. My name is Paul. I moved out to SD a couple years ago and just this spring purchased a new to me 2007 KLR 650. I live in north central SD and I look forward to getting to know the state better.

I have done some local riding, but there doesn't seem to be much. If anyone knows any good trails, or derelict old roads, or some kindly property owners that might allow bikes on his/her land in about a 100 mile radius of Mobridge I would greatly appreciate having that knowledge.

Thanks in advance.

greatbuffalo

Welcome to the forum. I am not familiar with your part of the state but have often thought about getting up that way and exploring the area to your west. There has to be some interesting riding to be found out in that area.

Would like to invite you to the spring the rally in the hills or plan ahead and try and make it to our fall rally, date and place to be announced on a later date. There is lots of great riding in the Black Hills and a bunch a great folks to hang out with as well.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

psheffie

I'll keep an eye out for the details on the fall rally.

Hank

Missed this.. Yes welcome!   Black Hills isn't that far for you, and that is top notch riding!

Lowell Hewitt

I'm Lowell Hewitt, North Mankato, MN, do most of my off road riding in CO with my son. My off road ride is a Suzuki DR650, up sized to 790. I started this years riding at the Moab BRD Desert Ride in Utah, last years and earlier years earlier included riding CO mountain passes (son lives in Summit County, CO), my favorite ride is the COBDR.  In July, planning on riding the UTDBR, working to get ready for that ride, with my son and his friends (have to keep up with kids).  My son, got me into riding five years ago, so I'm a relative novice, but have been riding great passes in CO during  that time.  Been looking at coming to DDSR event in June for several years, retirement has finally provide the the time.  Liking forward to meeting the meeting the DDSR group!!
Lowell Hewitt

Lonesome Dave

Welcome, Lowell, you'll enjoy this group.  A lot of great/friendly people here.  If you haven't ridden in the Black Hills before, you will be very happy with our scenery and trails.  LD 
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Hank

Welcome Lowell!   That 790 must have some grunt? 

Sent from the Altair 8800 I carry around.