News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Started by KLC63, October 16, 2015, 11:57:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KLC63

Hi Everyone,
My name is Kyle. I live in Spearfish and I am looking for groups to ride with. I haven't done much off road with my R1200GS and want to find people to ride with. I have redden dirt bike off road quit a bit though. I would like to go on some rides yet this fall. If any one is going please let me know if I would be able to join and what I might need for tires equipment etc. Look forward to hearing from.

Thanks, Kyle
THE OLDER I GET, THE FASTER I WAS.

greatbuffalo

Welcome Kyle. Keep your eye on the "Who's Riding" section.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Fletch

I hope to get a few rides in on my 1190 before the snow flies too, I will let you know if I go
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

KLC63

Thanks, sounds great. How do I get to the who's riding section?

Thanks, Kyle

jacin theis

Glad you have joined us Kyle. I ride an old 1100GS (when its not sleeping), so will take a share of being made fun of with you. This was a KLR club, a TW club, a Yamaha WR club, now it seems to be transitioning into an exotic (Beta, Husky, etc) club. These so an so's are never satisfied with what they have. The great thing is every ride seems like a demo ride. The guys are great about letting you try their newest fling...... 

Hope to get together to ride yet this fall too. I have a flexable schedule, so let me know if you get a day to go out.  If you go with Fletch on his 1190, be advised that you may want a more nimble/smaller bike as that still doesn't limit him much.
Whos in for a big trip? Alsaka? Moab (again)? Baja?
1100 GS

KLC63

Jacin and Fletch, It sounds great. Not a lot of experience on the trails on the big bike yet, so I would like to start slow. I have ridden a Beta, YZ450 and 250 on the rocky trails quit a bit though. I would rather start on a trail more mellow side with the 1200. I was also wondering what tires you guy's are running when you go off road. My schedule is pretty flexible during the week. So please let me know when and I will try to make it.

thanks again

poleburner

Sorry for the late hello, but welcome. I live in lead and like to ride the back roads, just not sure where they all are! So if we can go for some rides it would be great.

Joel.

Harry Potter

I have a R1200GS and the TKC 80s are perhaps the best and only choice. When going to Alaska I mount the Heidenau Scouts. Sturgis BMW sells both. Most shops can't balance the beemers rear tire. The best thing to do with that beast is to trailer it up and haul it down to Pahrump,Nevada and take Jimmy Lewis's class. It's kick ass fun. If that can't happen watch the Raw Hyde's video. Welcome.
"The best modification you can make to your bike is a better rider," Jimmy Lewis.