News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Hello From Sioux Falls as well!

Started by MoreIsLess, October 22, 2015, 12:25:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoreIsLess

Hey guys! Just thought I would pop in here and say hello, make some new friends, ride the trails ect. Im on the east side of Sioux Falls, former bike mechanic if anyone needs help with repairs. I have an ADV bike, not a dual sport. I have no problem taking it on the trails though. I just got this bike as I was in an accident a few weeks ago, hit by a car. Feel free to say hello, come for a beer, whatever! Im a die hard Buell fan so I have thick skin, dont worry! Ive made some off road mods to it.

Here the old one, R.I.P.

2008 Buell XB12X

mitchn06

What's up man? I'm an East sided as well!! Sorry bout you and your bike. Glad you are OK!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014.5 Kawasaki KLR650 New Edition

MoreIsLess

I'm holding up pretty well actually. Just came away with a broken wrist from a head on collision. Already riding again. Probably do some gravel roads or something this weekend. Try to find some trails!
2008 Buell XB12X

Lonesome Dave

Welcome from the West side of the state!
Older - Wiser - Faster !

greatbuffalo

Welcome. I'm from Mitchell and like to get out riding when I can. Unfortunately I work nights and a lot of weekends.

I'm a Buell fan as well and have rode quite a few but never owned one. The Ulysses is a great bike and given some time and support, it would have been interesting to see what it would have become. Eric really saw the dualsport/ADV thing in the pipe. Unfortunately his first attempt missed the target audience a bit probably more due to the HD lump between the legs then anything else. He did however get the most outt of that motor. He was playing around with an 800 cc lump made by Bombardier Rotax. Most publicity was centered around a sport bike but a ADV type bike was in the works. I think this outsourcing of more capable engines was the nail in Eric Buell's coffin. The dude is a genius just not a very good business man.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

MoreIsLess

I love the Buell. I took it to a motocross track last week and hit a few jumps with it. It definitely doesnt  like to be lugged down low, but what bike does? Oh ya, thumpers. I just use the clutch more. Luckily sportster clutches are cheap and plentiful!
2008 Buell XB12X