News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

New to DDSR

Started by GlennB, October 24, 2015, 09:38:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GlennB

Hi,
My name is Glenn and I just joined after buying a jacket from Lonesome Dave.  He told me about the group and how I would fit right in.  I've been away from riding for awhile and now that the kids have moved out it's time to start up once again.  Right now I'm looking for a bike.  I am leaning towards a V Strom but have also considered the KLR as well.  I'm sure I'll have questions for the group as time goes on and if you all are anything like Dave you probably have a tale or two to share with me.

Glenn

tannerc

Welcome, Get the V and do the suspension!  ;)
"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

Lonesome Dave

Hey Glenn, welcome.  Great bunch here.  There's a lot of experience and knowledge here and no one will give you a hard time with any questions. After everybody gets to know you, then they'll give you hard time!  I'll pm you my number.
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Harry Potter

Welcome Glen, my son has a V Strom and it is a great bang for the buck bike. A perfect bike to ride to Alaska. Don't rule out the mighty Suzuki Dr650 though if you want a little better dirt bike that will also take you around the world. I think Ryani has a video on the Dr650 linked on this site.
"The best modification you can make to your bike is a better rider," Jimmy Lewis.

greatbuffalo

Welcome! Good luck on finding your next ride.  Do our homework before you buy a bike if you want to hang on to it for a while, unlike other serial buyers around here. Some men are womanizers, some are motorcyclizers.

That jacket you bought is a great piece of gear.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Hank

Welcome!   Serial buying is fun, don't be fooled by GB. ;)

Sent from the Altair 8800 I carry around.

poleburner

And you need to be a just little cautious of GB's choice of bikes. He likes them big! ;D Other than that he knows what he is talking about.

Bogus Jim

Quote from: poleburner on October 26, 2015, 12:34:02 AM
And you need to be a just little cautious of GB's choice of bikes. He likes them big! ;D

He does like big bikes, but then, he is a Big Man. He is... The Most Interesting Man in DDSR

Lonesome Dave

Older - Wiser - Faster !

greatbuffalo

Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?