News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

New SE North Dakota member

Started by Abercrombie, February 17, 2016, 12:21:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abercrombie

Hi everyone.  I am a motorcycle enthusiast, MSF Rider Coach and like to ride all types of bikes.  My current rides are a Yamaha FJR, Tenere,  Honda XR650L, and a Ducati 999 Superbike.  I am here to try to pick your brains, break it to dual sport riding and meet others with similar interests.  I have been riding on and off for nearly 40 years but have little off road experience.   I purchased a Tenere three years ago and realized that was not a dirt riding learner bike.  I picked up a XR650L last summer with the intention gaining more off road experience but there is few opportunities in SE ND that I am aware of.   After putting about 600 miles on the XR I have come to the realization that I should have went smaller but I will make it work. 

I am looking forward to meeting up with some of you folks this summer somewhere, sometime and get a little riding in.
Kevin

Bogus Jim

Welcome Kevin. We are definitely spoiled here in the Black Hills... it's a small area but you can find a trail for pretty much any bike and any skill level. Good place to learn off road.

Abercrombie

I got a little taste of the Black Hills last June.  We had a Yamaha FJR rally based out of Spearfish so I loaded up the trailer with all my bikes to experience a little bit of everything.  The last day I was there I took the Tenere out to explore some of the back roads and two tracks by myself.  I had a great day riding around and made it up to Cement Ridge Lookout not knowing that it was a fire watch station.  Being a firefighter in Fargo I had to hang out with the ranger to learn everything I could.   It was just a little taste and I kept it safe since I was by myself.  A friend from Spearfish who used to be affiliated with the Yamaha dealer there in town told me about the Dakota Adventure Trail that runs through Spearfish and I have made it a goal to get back down there and ride again.