News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

New Member in Spearfish

Started by bigjohnsd, April 18, 2016, 02:36:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigjohnsd

Been riding a long time, hardly ever off of the pavement.

Bought a '14 Wee-Strom Adventure Model to complement my '13 FJR which doesn't do the gravel in the hills very well :)

Not real interested in the single track stuff but do intend to get around on the two track and gravel this summer.

Looking forward to meeting some of you along the way.

Next step is some tires that are more 50/50 rather than the 90/10's that are on the bike at present

KLC63

Welcome, I am fairly new my self and also live @ Spearfish. Maybe we can hook op and ride sometime.

Kyle
THE OLDER I GET, THE FASTER I WAS.

poleburner

Welcome to the forum, there are a bunch of good people on here. I live in Lead, and an not to comfortable on single track as well, but there are a lot of two track and just a lot of roads I would like to ride. So when you get setup we can get a couple three of us together for some rides.

Joel.

Abercrombie

Scout us out some great riding John.  The day of back road riding South of Spearfish last June just wet my appetite for more Black Hills riding.

Harry Potter

Welcome and get rid of those tires ASAP! Heidenau Scouts if you are only doing occasional dirt. On the other hand I have had them on the stupid BMW at Farmingdale and was very impressed. With TKC80s the Wee Strom is very impressive in the dirt. A very intellegent choice for a bike, perhaps the best bang for the buck bike ever made.
"The best modification you can make to your bike is a better rider," Jimmy Lewis.

greatbuffalo

Welcome again. Wish I lived closer to you guys.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

bigjohnsd

Thanks all, new tires (Shinko 804/805) on order, should be here Wednesday and on the bike same day if my HF Tire Machine and it's new Mojo Blocks and Mojo Lever work as advertised :)

kmuhlenbeck

I've really enjoyed that combo!
2011 DL650A

loingrader

The Wee is awesome on the trails and its tough to beat an FJR on the road.  Nice choices on bikes.  You just need a 2 smoker for the single track.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro