Getting back into Riding - West Rapid City

Started by Jordan Marshall, April 20, 2016, 10:30:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jordan Marshall

I have been on a slight hiatus from hills riding for a few years.  My kids are finally getting a little bit older and I will be trying to get out more than I have for awhile.  I go on one or two bigger trips a year (Montrose CO, Worland WY) but I want to into more normal weekly riding again.  My "fun" ride is any type of single track.

It is possible that I know a few people on this board but I have lost touch with everyone (used to ride a little with Thore Jenshus and the Thursday night group).

Anyway - I'm Jordan Marshall and I just got a "new to me" KTM 530 XCW to replace my YZ450.  I have a 6 year old and 4 year old twins along with a wife that works for Life Flight (strange hours), so I will squeeze in rides when I can.  I would really like to get to know some people that I can ride with.

Lonesome Dave

Welcome Marshall, you'll have plenty of people to ride with around here.  One guy you will know for sure is "Fletch"  Mike Letcher.  He also knows and rode with Thore on Thursdays. 
Older - Wiser - Faster !

greatbuffalo

Welcome Marshall. Kids have a way  taking us away from riding for a bit but we always find our way back.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Jordan Marshall

Quote from: Lonesome Dave on April 20, 2016, 10:52:41 PM
Welcome Marshall, you'll have plenty of people to ride with around here.  One guy you will know for sure is "Fletch"  Mike Letcher.  He also knows and rode with Thore on Thursdays.

Yup - I know Mike (or apparently it's Fletch now).  I have run into him a few times over at Thore's over the past few years.

Fletch

Jordan
  I've been thinking about getting the Thursday night thing going again. There are a couple young guys at work that are interested so???
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

Bogus Jim

Quote from: Fletch on April 21, 2016, 08:04:05 AM
Jordan
  I've been thinking about getting the Thursday night thing going again. There are a couple young guys at work that are interested so???

You will have to get your tire pressure dialed in really good if you are going to hang with Donovin.  ;)

But you do have a new bike so it's probably faster than the old one.

Fletch

Quote from: Bogus Jim on April 21, 2016, 01:01:37 PM
Quote from: Fletch on April 21, 2016, 08:04:05 AM

You will have to get your tire pressure dialed in really good if you are going to hang with Donovin.  ;)

But you do have a new bike so it's probably faster than the old one.

I don't think any of that is going to help me....
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike