News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Hola! from South Louisiana

Started by dirty_sanchez, July 19, 2011, 08:46:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dirty_sanchez

Hey guys-  I'm Dirty Sanchez from over on ADVrider, and on www.dualsportridersoflouisiana.com.

I ride a 640A and am itching to find some more killer gravel after spending 2 weeks in a house on Vannocker Canyon Rd. and in Sturgis for that little biker gathering ya'll have every year.

I'm working 4 days in the Loctite tent right there on Main Street across from the Museum, and then on Wednesday August 10th, I'm gonna get out on my own and do some riding. 

Back in '09 one of the more nifty areas I stumbled across was the ride to the top of Flagg Mtn.  where the old tower used to be.

Anyone else in the Rapid/Sturgis area care to share or show some gems to a real live Coon Ass from Louisiana?

Am heading out sunup on Aug. 3rd.

Dirty

greatbuffalo

Welcome to this asylum. I'm sure you'll be able to find one of the locals to ride with. I try to avoid the Hills that week so it won't be me.

There is lots to find and there are guys that live out there that know their way around very well. Hope you enjoy the time in the Hills.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

The Yeti

Welcome DirtySanchez!  I'd love to show you around, but this year I'm getting away from Sturgis and heading to Yellowstone/Teton for the duration.  Hopefully someone will volunteer as a guide...although, we tend to stray quite aways from the gravel at times.   :evil ;D
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

dirty_sanchez

Thanks for the welcome guys-

It's a sure fire deal that any local I meet on gravel or who rides on knobs gets enough Loctite swag to bring on a grin from ear to ear.

I hear you about the crowd/pirate avoidance that week- It's not my bag of tricks either, but it's a free work trip to an area of the country I've only seen/ridden/camped in a handfull of times in my life.  You guys are lucky to have that sort of terrain.

It's funny though because somehow the crowds miraculously disappear by rolling or stepping just 24" off of the pavement.

Back in '09 on a ride one day the only people I saw were at an old timey service station and this is the sort of thing that is just my speed.

Dirty

loingrader

Quote from: dirty_sanchez on July 19, 2011, 11:03:13 AM
It's funny though because somehow the crowds miraculously disappear by rolling or stepping just 24" off of the pavement.

Dirty

that is the truth sir.  still great dual sporting to be had during rally week.  just plan on a lot of people at every eatin, sleepin or gas up establishment.

welcome to the site.  hopefully they keep sending you up this way for "work."
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

plumber mike

Alright Dirty....It's on! I just bought some blue threadlocker today for a job :P

I'll show you the dirt roads/trails to connect you up with everywhere you need to go. Vanocker is a great basecamp to explore dirt.

PM me over on ADV as I don't ever seem to notice my PM's here. plumber mike there too.

Look forward to riding with you.....as long as you don't mind waiting for me on my XL250. I might have the Xcountry fixed by then.