News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Harley to Beemer....

Started by Ezyrydr, September 19, 2011, 09:05:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ezyrydr

Hi Everyone,

I am truly a newbie to the world of dual sport riding. I have been on a cruiser for over 18 years (owned a couple of dirt bikes way back), spent my first rides on my cousins honda enduros that he raced Baja's with (Jimmy Sones).
I just graduated to a BMW 1200 GS Adv...and the more I ride it....the more I love it!...please help me to get off the road! I live in Sioux Falls and am looking for someone to pound the dirt with!.

Thanks All! I look foward to meeting you.
Now remember, when things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is.
...Josey Wales

Hank

Hi from Watertown, and welcome!

There are a few of us DS guys East river.  Maybe we need to organize a mini rally somewhere on this side of the state.

Dr Psyko

Amen Hank, how far east of what river?

Also, a note to easyrider, my Harley is for sale also. You're only halfway home though with the beemer. You will have landed when you ride an old riceburner.

Welcome!
11th Commandment: Thou shalt not slide through life.

loingrader

Quote from: Dr Psyko on September 20, 2011, 09:44:18 AM
Amen Hank, how far east of what river?

east of the missouri river that splits south dakota down the middle.

welcome to the dirt Ezyrydr!  you will never turn back now.  not a ton of opportunities around SF other than dirt roads in the country but once you ride that baby west to the hills we can get you into all sorts of trouble!
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

Hank

Sorry about that Dr. P.  I'm so used to the "East River" and "West River" terms I just assume other know what I'm talking about.

It's a South Dakota thing I guess.

Ezyrydr

Thanks Folks....My Harley is for sale too...(but if no one buys it...hehehe...then I still have it...I've had it for 18 years...first owner, in 7 years it will technically be a classic.)

I've already been hitting the gravel roads and I got a little cow "poo" on it the other day checkin' fence line at my inlaws farm. I am looking forward to a ride somewhere down the road but...I will be making a trip over seas in the future for the military that will fall right during the best of the riding season. So...for now I will ride this bad boy until the snow tells me I can't anymore. Bring on the cold!
Now remember, when things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is.
...Josey Wales

greatbuffalo

Welcome Ezyriydr.

There are a few of us on this side of the state. I live in Mitchell. I also ride a big bike. I have a 01 tiger. Never was bit by the HD bug and never will be, unless it very unique.

Too bad you weren't in the Hills this past weekend. A great time of beating the old girl into submission.

Looking forward to riding with you in the future.

Most of the guys in the group are riding smaller bikes these days, KLRs, DRZs, KLX, WRs etc. I think there are one of those in my future.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

sleddog

Welcome EZ,

I live west of SF & have explored lots of gravel. In fact, have created the TSDAT (Trans South Dakota Adventure Trail) across the state, on gravel.

If the stars align & the creek don't rise, my Brother, from Gillette, & I are going to ride it again before the snow flys. You're (or anyone else) welcome to join us. There probably won't be much notice for departure, as we will watch the weather, make a quick decision & depart.

Sleddog

The Yeti

Welcome Ezyrydr! Hope you can make it west for the spring rally, typically the 3rd weekend in June...start planning now!
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"