News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Recent posts

Forum News / Re: Is it time to pull the plu...
Last post by Kevin - November 17, 2023, 02:05:31 PM
I will miss it as the only social media I do is Linkedin just to be somewhat informed on a professional level. In my few years on the forum activity has decreased significantly.

Its obvious most are not using it, so I do understand.

I may have to reconsider Faceplant, no, probably not!   8)  But, maybe I am just getting old!
Last post by Hank - November 15, 2023, 09:48:12 AM
I won't lie, it bums me out to see it go, even though I haven't been nearly as active as I was in the early days.

I don't really understand why people prefer FB over this format, but I imagine its just a mental or time bandwidth thing where it just all becomes too much.  An "I'm on FB and I don't want to go somewhere else for this or that".    Even though FB is a terrible replacement for a forum.  Too bad FB doesn't enable a "board structure" kind of setup for interest groups where you can have sub boards and topics.

I'm on the SVrider forum and that forum was huge.. and its almost entirely migrated to FB.
Last post by Wacked - November 14, 2023, 03:17:22 PM
It was a good run - but I do think other things have taken over in the past 15 or so years.

Time to pull the plug on this format

Wacked
Last post by Fletch - November 14, 2023, 09:38:51 AM
seems like a sad ending, but I think you are probably right....
Last post by Hank - November 13, 2023, 02:52:30 PM
Yeah, that's just it.  I don't know if many of us will miss it, at least in terms of what it's doing for us now.   Great memories though, it used to be hopping with numerous posts every day.    A lot of great friendships were made via this board and the DDSR rallies.
Last post by TankSlapper - November 13, 2023, 01:05:20 PM
I just wrote a version of this a week ago. Currently going through the same kind of thing on another forum I run. I also thing age has the most to do with it.

I can't say I'll miss this forum. I've seen maybe 20 posts since joining. I have met and ridden with a bunch of great people in Rapid and that won't stop. Good times. This board kicked that off but if we're not talking here and from an admin point of view, I'd consider shutting it down too.

I don't feel like I can vote for that here but wanted to say that your administrative efforts and making the forum available is appreciated.

Forum News / Is it time to pull the plug?
Last post by Hank - November 13, 2023, 11:57:21 AM
GB and I had a text exchange about the future of DDSR, and with hosting fees coming due again next summer, we both feel like it might be time to pull the plug, meaning just let it lapse next August.

Activity is way down, we're all getting old :) and I think younger people would rather use Facehole for stuff like this.   I personally think Facebook sucks for forums, but what do I know?!

We could still keep the communication and rally planning going on FB, or mass texts etc.

Most of the old guard is gone, or barely here.   I really don't have the interest or time to maintain the site, although that's fairly minimal.

So, shut it down, or pass the torch.. I don't know.   Feedback welcome.
General Discussion / Re: DDSR Drinking Team!!
Last post by Lonesome Dave - October 27, 2023, 12:00:47 PM
There you are, you're alive!  I've been wondering where you've been.  Haven't seen ya all summer.
Last post by TankSlapper - October 26, 2023, 10:53:57 AM
Dang it! Still snotting my brains out. Sure you guys don't want this. It can't be killed with beer or whiskey.

Guess I'll sit home and miss out.

Last post by Fletch - October 25, 2023, 02:33:14 PM
I knew I could count on you Dave!