News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

On the road again

Started by grizz, July 17, 2012, 08:31:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grizz

Chetwynd is known in BC for their Chainsaw Carving Contest every June.  The carvings then decorate the town corners and in front of their visitor's center. We were very impressed with the quality of work we saw and it was a good walk around after being on the bikes all day.
R1150GS
TR 650 Husqvarna
F 800 gs x 2
WR250R
WR250F
Scorpa SY250R

So many bikes, so little time.......

grizz

R1150GS
TR 650 Husqvarna
F 800 gs x 2
WR250R
WR250F
Scorpa SY250R

grizz

The wheel actually turned and was covered in faces on the outside edge.
R1150GS
TR 650 Husqvarna
F 800 gs x 2
WR250R
WR250F
Scorpa SY250R

JoniJo

Following this thread and ride of yours is wonderful. I would so, so much like to take a trip like yours some day. I really envy you!

This is a shout out to any members to please consider an extra rider....ME.... on a bike tour of the north, canada, any place cool. This on my bucket list so help me cross it off! 2013 works for me.....  :D

Can't wait to see y'all in about 2 1/2 weeks!   8)         JoniJo

JoniJo

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -

Thomas Jefferson

grizz

Heading out the next morning we take a side road towards Fort St. John and the Alaska hwy.  The signs kept warning us of elk crossing but a few deer is all we saw.  We did see a bunch a fields of canola which were bright yellow.
R1150GS
TR 650 Husqvarna
F 800 gs x 2
WR250R
WR250F
Scorpa SY250R

jacin theis

I have had the pleasure of riding a portion of BC. i love the way  the roads follow the lakes and mountains. Nothing better than being the first in line for an a.m. ferry crossing. Watching the sun rise over a ferry is inspiring. Your photos make me want to explore more. One of the places i really want to ride is The Ice-fields Parkway. Great in a car, but it needs to be done on a motorcycle. Thanks for sharing!
Whos in for a big trip? Alsaka? Moab (again)? Baja?
1100 GS

Hank

Those are great pictures!   Sounds like a great trip.

grizz

No we havn't died or moved away. Our faithful computer hard drive fried and as we procrastinated and didn't back up our pictures, all were lost. We have had computer guys try, but have been unable to retrieve anything, so until we can get what pics our son took, we are at a standstill. Take my word on it and back up your pictures or the computer will get ya.....
R1150GS
TR 650 Husqvarna
F 800 gs x 2
WR250R
WR250F
Scorpa SY250R

greatbuffalo

Bummer!! I have all my photos backed up on two separate external hard drives and in the main disc of the PC. Never want to be in your shoes. :'( :'( :'(
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

bikergirl4ever

Make sure you put a copy in a safe deposit box or else your housemight burn down and you will still lose all copies.
Live, Laugh, Love

greatbuffalo

Got that covered. One at home (hard drive), one with me at all times(external HD), kindof, and one at a friend's house(external HD). I like to keep em separated.
\
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?