News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

The Quest for the 429

Started by The Yeti, October 27, 2008, 10:07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mommer

those are some great pics... i wanna see most if not all of this stuff.. i only have the 9fiddy with me out here. but im willing to get into some stupid spots (my downFALL i guess? haha).

The Yeti

You can see it all in an afternoon...well, not counting travel time from Ipswich.   ;D  And, as you can see, it can easily be done on a 950.  I can show you some "other stuff" that would be more of a challenge on the Katoom, but, hey, I did it...I didn't really enjoy it, but I did it.   :evil
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

Hank

If by "see it all" you mean all 6000 miles of trails in the BH you must have gotten really damn good on the WR  ;D

The Yeti

Quote from: Hank on April 26, 2010, 06:59:51 PM
If by "see it all" you mean all 6000 miles of trails in the BH you must have gotten really damn good on the WR  ;D

Actually, I meant "all" of what is pictured in this thread.   8)  But, since you mentioned it, I have gotten very good on the WRR, if I don't say so myself.   :evil

J/K, I' still suck....this brilliant little bike just makes me look better than I really am.   :D
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

mommer

wish i could get the xr4 down here.. but i can't have too much crap out here for when i get moved (fired or something) it's all gotta fit in the truck in one trip ;D

but im in as soon as i can get out there.. sans rain!!

hayduke.klr07

In one week the 429 goes away.  Travel Management plan takes effect on Dec 1.  might be a little cold/icy down in there right now.  Gld I got to ride it one more time this last summer.  Interestingly, i heard through the grapevine that the 429 was removed from the system at the request of SDGF&P.  Probably needed to be closed seeings how the road and the stream were the same. :'(
The bummer of it is that there is no way across that country now.  it is either around to castle creek or around on the south rochford road.

JoniJo

Great pic's  ;D I'm drooling.............. Miss you "guys"   Joni
JoniJo

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -

Thomas Jefferson