Come on, summer...

Main Menu

The mighTTy 600 goes Level 6 in Colorado

Started by Number Two, October 17, 2009, 10:32:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazy Uncle Larry

DUDE!!!!

Go find the license plate!!!!

May have to get a rack put on that thing with a 4-point bolt-down for the next plate.

Send the registration back with your Mom next week and I'll get another replacement. #3?!!!
"Let's take a look around the next bend before we turn back."-old Family motto

"Wonder where that road goes?"-2nd old Family motto

Number Two

Dude!

I got a better idea.

How about you come down and help me go find the liscense plate?   :D

fringefan

Been too cold for my tastes up here the last few weeks but I did get out on the mt bike Sunday.

Hank

Been raining here for what seems like 3 weeks straight, other than last weekend but that was pheasant opener!

Thanks for the ride report!

plumber mike

Looks like some good explorin'

We had a computer meltdown that kept me off the net for a while. Up and running with windows 7 :-\

Several 6" snows have slowed me down for a few days at a clip. I got stuck riding home in the snow one day. My gear is keeping me warm despite the lack of wires.

What is the darth vader unit under your helmet?

License plates are a.....ummm...formality really.

How far to the north were you from say Red Feathers?

Number Two

The facemask is a HJC piece that deflects humid breath away from the visor to ensure clear vision on cold days.  The next step up would be a double walled visor like the snowmobilers use, or a heated setup that I saw over on adv - some guy riding Alaska winters.  The deflector has worked well down to 20 degrees so far.  Because I don't have to worry about fogging up, I can keep everything sealed up tight, which is warmer.  It gives off the whole fighter pilot vibe as well, in case the busted dirt bike wasn't enough.

You're right on, this area is just north of Red Feather Lakes proper by about eight miles.  I've never been there myself, but the forest roads leading that direction are pretty good.  There is an amazing amount of private property for being marked off as national forest.  I heard rumor that there is a super exclusive golf course with its own security detail, a seven story buddhist temple, and other wierd stuff there.

Bummer about the snow.  We've already had one good dump so far as well, about eight inches.  It melted off/blew away, but it'll be time to break out the skis soon.

Number Two

Alright, time to finish this one off.

I got a plate back on this thing as part of the Spring shakedown process.  You know, all those things that I should have fixed last year: busted kickstand, rear tire with ripped bead cords, bent spokes, gritty fraying clutch and brake cables, busted clutch lever, oil change, etc.

Number One

When is the mighty XR650 going to level 6?