News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Moab 2011

Started by jacin theis, May 17, 2011, 03:48:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Number Two

Quote from: plumber mike on May 18, 2011, 08:26:56 AM
.....Number Two. Hope your OK. Sorry you couldn't make it.

I got t-boned on my way to work by a girl who ran a stop sign.  Totalled my 4Runner (rolled it) and separated my left shoulder.  Feeling down, as I can't ride for at least another six weeks plus.

Looks like most of you had fun.

Hank

Quote from: Number Two on May 26, 2011, 04:30:35 PM
Quote from: plumber mike on May 18, 2011, 08:26:56 AM
.....Number Two. Hope your OK. Sorry you couldn't make it.

I got t-boned on my way to work by a girl who ran a stop sign.  Totalled my 4Runner (rolled it) and separated my left shoulder.  Feeling down, as I can't ride for at least another six weeks plus.

Looks like most of you had fun.

That sucks, sorry to hear it!   Glad you weren't on your bike though....

Sportfaller

I'm in the separated left shoulder club as well after my off in moab, but it sounds like yours will take longer to heal. I'm about back in riding shape, but the bike has a LONG way to go once insurance removes their cranium from their rectum.
Josh
"Now the chokers, and the chain saws, and the log trucks have been stilled, now spotted owls, and hippy galls, run freely through the woods!"

greatbuffalo

Well gentleman,
On my way home on monday, the 20th, the gravel road I was riding bit me as well. I was motoring along on a solid surface when I passed over an intersection. The other side was a deep dip that looked pretty solid. When I hit that spot about 30 - 35 mph I learned instantly that it was nothing but mushy clay covered with a dusting of gravel. There were also deep tractor ruts that had been covered by a motorgrader who didn't set his depth low enough.

The front end washed out and I went ass over bandbox. Landed on my shoulder and shoved it into my ribcage. The bad: 2 busted ribs and some soft tissue damage. The not so bad: Minor damage to the bike.

Give me a couple of weeks and I'll be ready to give her hell again. ;D
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Hank

DAMN... this is a terrible trend.
Hope all you guys heal up quickly! 

Sportfaller

MAN! we are really getting our buts kicked lately! Sorry to hear about your little mishap! The ribs are a bitch, I know all too well, and the worst part is that there really isnt much you can do!
Josh
"Now the chokers, and the chain saws, and the log trucks have been stilled, now spotted owls, and hippy galls, run freely through the woods!"

snooker

Ok guys I posted my pics out at the Shutterfly page http://ddsrmoab2011.shutterfly.com/pictures including a separate unedited album of what shall hereafter be named...

The Sportfaller Incident of 2011
I even put together a little video of the drama you can see there...  (best is to click on View Video)

Let's just stop all this crashing for awhile?  whaddy'all say???

jacin theis

All this time i thought it was "faller", as in "felling" of trees, but it was of his motorcycle. Kinda sporty, but not very spectator friendly.  Thanks for the photos Matt!
Whos in for a big trip? Alsaka? Moab (again)? Baja?
1100 GS

Sportfaller

off topic, but how wet was camping Jacin?
Josh

The Yeti

I dunno about Jacin, but our camping weekend pretty much sucked!! Didn't get any riding in (except back to town).

We camped Sat & Sun up by Hill City. Weather wasn't bad on Saturday until late, but didn't ride cause we figured we'd have all day Sun....well, that didn't happen. Was raining and misty all day. Cleared up Mon morning, just in time to pack up camp and leave.

First time for me getting the GS on my little trailer.  Loading up went fairly well...unloading - not so good.  Front wheel got stuck in the chock (scratched up the rim!), and, since I'm a trailer noob, I unhooked the trailer from the hitch before unloading the bike (you experienced guys can probably see what's coming). Got the bike about halfway back on the trailer and WHEE!!  Trailer tilts nose up!  That was exciting, but didn't drop the bike.

Also, apparently my trailer hitch on the RV is too much of a drop and I kept scraping it in dips, this caught my trailers wiring harness between the hitch and the ground and severed it.  How important is it to have the trailer level? Cause I think I definitely need less of a drop on my hitch.

Fun weekend!   8)
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

greatbuffalo

Great series of shots and video to better understand the SportFaller "get off" Hope your healing well.

I've had a bit of a set back as I kinda over did it at work this week but am hopeful of better days.

Here's the deal: You can sit on the sidelines and watch as the game goes on. Where's the fun in that? Or, you can get off your ass, join the game and take your lumps in the process. Thats the route I choose take.

jacin theis

Sportfaller, we had a great, perfect weather hike up Harney on Saturday, Sunday we woke to 4-5 inches of wet heavey snow, thought i might lose the awning on the camper. Took the kids to Wind Cave, so it worked out fine. we were able to dry out monday morning before packing up. No riding, but there will be more time for that. Hope all you injured guys get well soon. Eventually, we will get some good riding weather. I did buy two tags for for the trails Friday, and i picked up both of the new maps, North and South. They will not be printing waterproof or color as they expect them to change every year. They also were very offended i would ask if all the tag fees will be used for the trails. It is appaling i would suggest the money might get diverted to other uses by the forest service. Apparently i rub people wrong. ;D
Whos in for a big trip? Alsaka? Moab (again)? Baja?
1100 GS

The Yeti

Where were you camping?  We had a couple snow flakes by Hill City, but nothing that accumulated.

Quote from: jacin theis on May 31, 2011, 01:59:42 PM
Sunday we woke to 4-5 inches of wet heavey snow

The Yeti

Quote from: snooker on May 30, 2011, 07:56:30 PM
Ok guys I posted my pics out at the Shutterfly page http://ddsrmoab2011.shutterfly.com/pictures including a separate unedited album of what shall hereafter be named...

The Sportfaller Incident of 2011
I even put together a little video of the drama you can see there...  (best is to click on View Video)

Let's just stop all this crashing for awhile?  whaddy'all say???

Here's a direct link to the video, I had a little trouble finding it.   ???

http://ddsrmoab2011.shutterfly.com/pictures/862

greatbuffalo

I rub people the wrong way too Jacin, especially the folks at that high priced Pamida store other's call Cabelas. They just don't want to here what I got say.