Anyone seen anything like this for furry friends?

Started by locopny, January 20, 2017, 03:23:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

locopny

My little buddy is around 8-10lbs and likes to go for rides in the truck.  I suspect she will like going on the bike too since something like this will keep her close and secure. 
Question is....anyone ever seen something like this or know where I might find it?  Don't even know what to call it even.  A dog carrier makes me think of a pet crate, and I don't see that being good for me or the dog since it would allow too much movement and possible to throw off balance.
I don't want to spend too much in this in case she hates it. 

yeah she is spoiled....and there are only so many times I can ask family to watch her when I'm gone.

I don't know where the photo originally came from...buddy found it as a suggestion for me.  Someone on this forum??
87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L
When can I go riding again? Crashing sucks!

Robmicgrn

:o

There was a guy at the KTM Rally last September that rode with his dog on his gas tank. Everywhere. The dog even had doggles on. I would be afraid of having an off and smashing the dog with a set up like that. At least on the tank, the dog would be free to tuck and roll  ;D
"You don't know how fast you can go till you crash"

locopny

let me clarify....
I'm not considering this for her for things like the rally.  More like road adventures or little trips on gravel roads and such. 
87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L

loingrader

A buddy put a little carpet covered plywood on his rear rack, maybe 12'x12' and he had a sheepdog that would ride pastures with him sitting back there.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

grubbie

My beagle would ride everywhere with me on the quad and on the bike. She would have her butt back against me and her front feet on the tank. Couldn't get out of the yard without her jumping on. Didn't let her come along chasing cows cause I might have to stand up from time to time. But riding fences or just putting around......there she sat!

locopny

I can give it a shot, but history with this one is that she prefers something like the front backpack thing.
maybe because she is a small dog breed? I don't know.  I suppose I could even try a small milk crate on the rear rack...

She is strange......like her owner. ;D
87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L

Harry Potter

The guy at the ktm rally had stirrups for the dogs rear feet to sit into. I took a bunch of pictures of his set up and he had a Web site if I could just find his card. If interested I could look for the photos.
"The best modification you can make to your bike is a better rider," Jimmy Lewis.

locopny

Quote from: Harry Potter on January 22, 2017, 10:04:18 AM
If interested I could look for the photos.

I'm interested....I'm just not in a major hurry as it will be awhile before I think its safe to try it with her.  Still too much ice around here.
87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L