Long shot....anyone driving to WV with an open truck bed?

Started by locopny, January 25, 2017, 01:12:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

locopny

found another toy....vintage toy...or what dad calls "old crap" that needs a ride west. CBR600.  Put an inquiry out at Uship...

any other places to check for estimates?
87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L
When can I go riding again? Crashing sucks!

locopny

Ok...thank you.

I forgot to even join that forum.  Heard it spoke of here from time to time....just forgot.
87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L

locopny

Well that first bike fell through...seller quit responding. 

BUT I think I may have found my next bike...in Detroit. Closer but still a ways out...1000 miles from here.  Why does every bike I find have to be so far away?  Just would like the 'best' of both worlds era the late 80s. 
Below is the bike I'm looking at or looking for one closer just like it.
87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L

Abercrombie

I know where a Ducati 999 may be coming up for sale soon if I can bear to part with it.  I accidentally ended up with another Ducati last fall when I was unable to resist a 08 Hypermotard with under 1500 miles on it.  I feel guilty as hell owning these two Italian beauties but I know if I ever sold one I would regret it for ever.  I found the 999 on Craig's list four years ago with 400 miles on it and couldn't pass that one up either.

locopny

I'm just a sucker for the late 80's Hondas.  Probably due to when I first got serious about bikes and riding.  Couldn't afford the CBR when it sat on the showroom floor for 2 months. Probably was like $5K....but may as well been $20K, didn't have the money for it.  But I visited it every week for the whole time it was there. 
87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L

greatbuffalo

You need a Motorcycles Anonymous. Just like the rest of us.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

locopny

Quote from: greatbuffalo on February 21, 2017, 01:44:55 PM
You need a Motorcycles Anonymous. Just like the rest of us.

no doubt. 
its only $2800ish plus transportation or going to get it.  with just 8400 miles I am having a time not getting in the truck to go get it.....and explain why I bought another toy. 
Reminds me of that certain Baja cartoon video .......crap!
87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L

loingrader

My brother had a 90 CBRF1.  600cc. Was a fun bike.  Abercrombie, I think the red 999 is the sexiest bike ever built.  Damn i love the way those look.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

Hank

Wow that 999 is a sexy thing.

Sent from my Commodore Pet

greatbuffalo

Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?