News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Cool Vids from ADV

Started by The Yeti, December 30, 2008, 10:34:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Yeti

Ran across these yesterday. Some nice, rocky stuff in there! Check out the GS, guy does a great job of handling that big pig.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8692249&postcount=305
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

loingrader

pretty good photography for a helmet cam.  i like on the end of the first vid.  watching those guys ride those bucking bikes up the  hill and down into the dirt.  looked like a good time.
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

The Yeti

That rocky wash in #2 was kinda scary! The guy on the big GS didn't even drop it!!

loingrader

yea it was.  that gs looks like a frigging elephant.  it has to weigh a ton the way he has it loaded, judging by the way it's suspension was bouncing going down that wash.  i'd be pretty worried about bashing the heads on rocks the way they stick out there so wide.  even with good skid plating it would still worry me.
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

Hank

I've only watched #2 so far.. but its pretty cool.  The GS looks like a bit much for that type of riding, doesn't it?  The difference between it and the 950 were pretty remarkable.
That pass didn't look all that much worse than some of the crap we've ridden through to me.   At least the really tough section was short.

loingrader

Quote from: Hank on December 31, 2008, 10:18:01 AM
That pass didn't look all that much worse than some of the crap we've ridden through to me.   At least the really tough section was short.

i was thinking the same thing.  at least it wasn't mixed with loose dirt, trees, and at a steep incline for hundreds of yards.  we need a helmet cam in the group so we can share our craziness with the world.

The Yeti

Quote from: Hank on December 31, 2008, 10:18:01 AM
I've only watched #2 so far.. but its pretty cool. 

#1 & #2 are the best, #3 is just a music video combining stuff from #1 & #2, well done though.

QuoteThat pass didn't look all that much worse than some of the crap we've ridden through to me.

Looked easier than that giant hill I had to have Brian ride my 950 down. I think that hill would be much easier if it was covered with big rocks like the one in the video, those little rocks just make it like riding on ice!  :o

Quotewe need a helmet cam in the group so we can share our craziness with the world.

I'm most likely gonna get one before the June rally. Prices are coming down on the really cheap ones.  ;D