Main Menu

DDSR 2011 June Rally Pics

Started by The Yeti, June 19, 2011, 10:04:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Yeti

Just a teaser...more to come!

"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

The Yeti

Most of us had a pretty hard time gettin through this mud hole - well, not this guy!  He really knows how to ride...even though he may be a bit short on the gear & farkles.  Just goes to show, it's not the equipment - it's the rider.  ;D

Kind of a shame what the ATVs have done to this area.   :'(

The Yeti

Plumber Mike's bike, the mighty Yeti WRR, the Yeti-Mobile (RV):

Kudos to Gary & Michelle at the Fish n Fry - they even got us a banner this year:

Yeti preparing the chili:

Chopping wood + drinking too much beer = injured foot (don't ask):

Best to leave it to the professionals:

Ooops, spoke too soon!

Joni had this awesome room, which she generously donated to another DDSR inmate (sprout) when she had to leave a day early:

We broke a fence (AND fixed it):

Tried to build a fire:

Gerry finally got some flames:

Plumber Mike said he was coming back with beer, but I had NO IDEA:

Everybody rarin' to go:

My wife's favorite bike of the bunch, Scoobynut's KLR...go figure:

I saw more than a couple people walking around with these GIANT drumsticks and I had to have one....MMMMM:

Mrs. Yeti, just chillin':

(from left) Cindy-Loo, Patty, Joni, Dave:

The BIG mud hole:

The obligatory 'bikes in front of Moonshine Gulch for lunch' shot:

Random trail pics:

A couple of the guys found some mud to play in:

On top of the 'Stairway to Heaven', aka Bulldog Canyon:

Bear Butte in the distance:

Scoobynut

That's so cool that Yeti's wife liked my KLR best!  There's no doubt that (full?) fairing is dead sexy!  Then again, she didn't have to muscle that pig around like I did on Friday...

Anyhow, a few shots I took:

Here's the guy with the KTM blasting through one of the stream crossings.  I crossed at a somewhat slower velocity.

Another shot of our lunch place in Roach Fort on Friday:

JoniJo standing by the dead sexy KLR and some other, less sexy bikes out on the trail:

Old-School John's XT350 somewhere near the start of Camp 5.  Don't tell anyone, but he dumped it on that little hill in the background.  One of those 'Low to No-speed' crashes, no harm, no foul:

Here we have a couple of very confused old men trying to find Camp 5.  For about an hour there, we looked at maps more than we rode.  At one point I think I asked them what time their curfew was at the nursing home.  Note the dead sexy KLR in the background.

Scoobynut

I may be the only one who saw Yeti injure his foot, it was pretty damned hilarious really, but, if he won't tell how it happened, I won't either.  I will say, however, that the large, round concrete object he stubbed his toe on did cause him to stumble and lurch uncontrollably after he hit it.  The only thing more surprising than me staying upright on my bike all weekend was Yeti staying on his feet after one of them -- might've been the left one -- collided with the immovable concrete object.  It was like a pedestrian high-siding it after a violent head-shake and skid, but somehow managing to somehow stay on his bike, uh, I mean feet.  Good stuff, really good stuff.  Wouldn't believe it if I hadn't seen it with my own two eyes.   :o 

The Yeti

Scooby, no pic = it didn't happen!   8)  I was just a little too tipsy that night for sure.  :chug

However, that little incident caused no injury....it was when I just about chopped my left foot off with the axe! Came real close, thank goodness it wasn't that sharp or it could have been much worse...only a bruise to remind me of my drunken stupidity!  ;D

The Yeti

Scoobynut

Quote from: The Yeti on June 21, 2011, 09:43:57 AM
Scooby, no pic = it didn't happen!   8)  I was just a little too tipsy that night for sure.  :chug

However, that little incident caused no injury....it was when I just about chopped my left foot off with the axe! Came real close, thank goodness it wasn't that sharp or it could have been much worse...only a bruise to remind me of my drunken stupidity!  ;D

Oh, right, I forgot about the crazed wood-chopping incident.  Note to self:  Strong beer, axes and the Yeti do not mix well.  Seriously though, yeah, coulda been a lot worse.  But for a little luck (and a dull axe), you might be surfing the net looking for a shift pedal extender to compensate for your lost half a foot.  But all's well that ends well as they say.  Next  rally we'll have to give you the DDSR version of the TSA patdown to check for sharp objects before we give you any beer.  Just remember, it's for your own good.   :D 

Lonesome Dave

Great photo.  I had my family thinking it was me..........then they saw the red fender.  I told them I was riding a borrowed bike, still didn't work.  :)
Older - Wiser - Faster !

gerry1eye

Sprout's enduro results, not to bad for riding a DRz400.
fearless to fear of falling - warranty has expired.

gerry1eye

The spring rally was excellent, what a great bunch to hang with in the the greatest location that I've ever ridden, except for maybe one too many rocks. Pilot Knob had a unmovable rock that sheared the KLR footpeg bolts, only problem was my toes got in the way. All is good now.

Thanks to Yeti for a great job organizing and for super good chili and to Bogus Jim for showing us around. Thanks to Brad, Rod and Mike for getting me over the hill. Hope to see all this fall.
fearless to fear of falling - warranty has expired.

JoniJo

Hope these post!!!  :o

Maybe more to come.............. We'll see how these do.               Miss 'ya, Joni  ;)

JoniJo

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -

Thomas Jefferson

Scoobynut

Great pics, Joni, post more!!!

Osnabrock

I hope I'm not stepping on Nate's feet by posting the his link,  but he's got some nice footage of our singletrack forays. 
I didn't even notice that he was filming 'til he mentioned that the camera was in his goggles.  http://www.liquidimageco.com/ Check out the goggles.  Pretty cool.  Better than GoPro in my opinion.
http://www.youtube.com/user/blastinpast#p/u/6/fXJeb-Zu3aE
Hope this works.
-John
"Don't be scared, it's fun.  I'll cheer you on."

The Yeti

I saw that vid when he posted it on ADV.  Awesome trail! I'll have to try and tackle that one on the WRR someday.

The goggle cam is pretty cool, but not as versatile as the GoPro (or other helmet/bike mounted cams) IMO. First, you have to wear goggles (I don't) and you only get the one angle - straight ahead.  I thought the angle on his vid was a little low (don't know if you can adjust that on the goggle cam).

That was obviously Sprout up ahead of him....I was wondering who else was behind.  Obviously you (Osnabrock), who else?