News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

DDSR 2011 June Rally Pics

Started by The Yeti, June 19, 2011, 10:04:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Osnabrock

Good points about the versatility of the GoPro Yeti.  The truth is, I know very little of such technology.
The footage was only of Nate and Sprout.  They rode this section in reverse. I was spent.
I can consult my map but I know this section is very close to Jenny Gulch and accessable via the first road South of the Sugar Shack.
"Don't be scared, it's fun.  I'll cheer you on."

oktaneho

I have a bunch of video and a few pictures from the rally.  I'm still working on uploading the videos and I'll get them all posted to this thread.  For now, here's a pic of Osnabrock and The Griz hitting on an old lady at Wall Drug on the way home:

oktaneho

Quote from: The Yeti on June 29, 2011, 11:26:03 AM
I thought the angle on his vid was a little low (don't know if you can adjust that on the goggle cam).

No adjustment on the angle as the camera is fixed in position in the goggle.  The angle in my videos is low because i tend to ride "visor down" and look up through the upper part of my goggle lens as I ride.  Even though I am looking ahead the goggles are pointed down in front of my fender.  It's a habit I am trying to break myself of to get better videos now that I am wearing these goggles.  The Leatt brace I wear also makes it hard to roll your head back too much.

The Yeti

I can relate on the Leatt.

Just got me a Countour GPS the other day...hope to get out on some rides soon to get some vids!
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

greatbuffalo

I was looking at a Contour on Advrider a few weeks ago. Almost pulled the trigger but think I'll hold out for a GoPro.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

sprout

;D hello all.
I had a fantastic time meeting all of you.It was great to ride with like minded people.I'm not smart enough to get pictures on here though.I would love to come back in the fall but have a trip planned with my wife.I would request that if jerry wants me to ride his bike in the future, that he brings something a little more agile for me to ride.I would also like to know,what happened to plumber mike on saturday.I hope his cracked windshield didn't deture him from coming back.If it'll make him feel better,I could maybe let all the air out of my front tire to alow him to keep up.

what ever it takes
Sprout

Hank

Hey Sprout!   Was greating meeting you, enjoyed the breakfast and the ride, even though I was probably 2 miles behind you in the tough stuff.
Hope to ride witcha again soon!

plumber mike

Hey now....I'm not that soft :-\ My BustMyWallet decided to leak out all it's cool juice >:(I stayed up late trying to fix it but couldn't. I still need to get a new radiator.

I'm on my 75 XL250 full time right now.......so watch out small fry :-*

oktaneho

Good to ride with you Sprout!  Lets find some more singletrack next time out eh?

oktaneho

JoniJo

Great pictures!!!!!!!  ;D
I hate to make this "all about me" but could I get a copy of the green machine with the green helmet crossing the creek? I believe it the 15th picture down. I never seem to get any good pictures of me doing any Evil Knievel stuff.  ::)
Thanks.....Can't wait to see you in September!!!!!!                     Thanks, Joni    jonijo1520@cox.net
JoniJo

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -

Thomas Jefferson

Bogus Jim

That 2nd water crossing is pretty deep there, Joni. Were you trying to wash your bike or just showing off?  :o

The Yeti

"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

oktaneho

I'll email you the pic tonight Joni.  Though you can also right click and "save picture as".

JoniJo

I'm at the point in life where I have a "Bucket List".    
I can now check off "Cross Scary Creek"!!!!!!!!!    ;D
September can't come to soon.         Miss y'all,   Joni

P.S. The first thing I tried was the "right click" thing and it wouldn't work for me.  ???
JoniJo

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -

Thomas Jefferson