News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

DDSR Fall 2011 Rally Pics

Started by loingrader, September 18, 2011, 10:52:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loingrader

Jacin, Matt, Gerry, David, Bret on top of Hat Mountain

The mighty T-dub on Hat Mountain (Deerfield lake in background)

Jacin coming down Hat Mountain

David and Gerry coming down Hat Mountain

Matt coming all the way down Hat Mountain

some more TW love

Josh getting out his spare tube for Snooker to run back down the trail for David's DRZ

One big happy trail ridin family

Lunch at Rochford

nice campsites (and KLR's) at KOA

Morning ride on 244 & 16A (little of the pavement side of Dual Sporting)

Bret Beth and Todd at the Badlands

Beth doin some road time
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

jacin theis

nice photos! keep em coming everyone.
Whos in for a big trip? Alsaka? Moab (again)? Baja?
1100 GS

The Yeti

I really like that last one of Beth. You musta did some kind of color treatment on that one.
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

loingrader

she likes to bump up the contrast, so that was her doing.  it does look pretty cool.
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

Ezyrydr

Now remember, when things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is.
...Josey Wales

Bogus Jim

Looks like it was another fun rally. Sorry I couldn't make it. Sorry too that Joni got hurt. I missed seeing my nodak buddies, NDave and gerry1eye. Who was riding the TW? I see the bike but no rider.

I notice some of you (or maybe all) rode up Hat Mountain. I hiked around Deerfield Lake yesterday and saw this view... you can see where the mountain got its name, from this vantage point it really does look like a big sombrero hat.

Same view of Hat Mountain, without the telephoto.

If we hold the next rally at Deerfield, there's a trail head near Deerfield Lake Resort... a 12-mile loop around the lake. Open to hiking, mountain bike, and horses. I suspect most folks would rather ride motorcycle than hike, after all it's a dual-sport rally not a hiking rally. Nice to have options though.

Deerfield Lake is not very wide here. I think if we built a ramp out of logs, Josh could probably jump this on his BMW. The landing might be interesting but it would make a helluva youtube video.

It was starting to get dark as I hiked back to the trail head. I was probably a mile away when I heard a lion scream in the forest behind me. Let me tell you, that sound will get your attention. Makes the coyotes howling sound like a lullaby.

loingrader

Quote from: BogusJim on September 22, 2011, 07:47:59 PM
Who was riding the TW?

I (Bret, aka Loingrader) was giving the T-dub one hell of a pre zambia shake down run on saturday.  that's where she's headed and boy, it sure didn't disappoint me one bit on saturday!

bought it from Wacked and Gerry brought it down for my pop to haul back to Omaha after the rally.

greatbuffalo

Heres a try to direct to some photos. Lets see if it works.
Let me know if it doesn't work.
"https://picasaweb.google.com/danvendt/DDSRFallRally2011?authuser=0&feat=embedwebsite"
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Lonesome Dave

Sorry GB, it didn't work.  File not found.
Older - Wiser - Faster !

greatbuffalo

jacin theis

Whos in for a big trip? Alsaka? Moab (again)? Baja?
1100 GS

greatbuffalo

I can't do anything right. Duh!
Workin on it.
Jacin, I tried to get access to your album at Shutterfly but that was a no go as well.

greatbuffalo

Wacked

This link worked for me.  Wish I could've been there!!!

Wacked

greatbuffalo