News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Bear Lodge

Started by grubbie, October 07, 2011, 10:12:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grubbie

Just a short vid (link) of a ride north of Sundance first weekend of October. They had a lot of trails blocked off so we had to search pretty hard to find anything other than 4 wheeler trails. Colors were pretty though, and the weather was great!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OAq4SzyUcM

loingrader

looks like a cool area grubbie.  thanks for sharing the vid!
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

greatbuffalo

Was that Cook Lake? I stayed there after the spring rally for a week doing an archaeology survey in the area. That area with the tree tops gone was an area that a significant tornado blew through a few years back. Very pretty area.

Several trails are closed due to flood damage and there have been a few sensitive, both cultural and geo/bio, areas to be closed off till a preservation plan can be investigated. This stuff used to annoy me but after I got into the nuts and bolts of it I think it is a good thing if done intelligently.

Thanks for sharing.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

grubbie

Yep you had it all right, Cook Lake and the tornado area.

jacin theis

I am terrible with all these computer names. Is Grubbie the guys who was at the last two fall rallys with his wife? I already forgot his real name...AGH!   He always has a Fender shirt on? how come theres no guitar by the fire????
Whos in for a big trip? Alsaka? Moab (again)? Baja?
1100 GS

grubbie

Yeah that be me (Rob). Dang........gotta get some different shirts.