News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

WR250 f

Started by greatbuffalo, June 08, 2012, 03:17:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greatbuffalo

Here is the first video with my GoPro and my first ride on the WR250F out at Farmingdale.  Lets see if i can make this work.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gb701YOsRz4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

greatbuffalo

JoniJo

I love it!
Attached to the side of your helmet?

Can't wait to see all you folks!     ;D    JoniJo
JoniJo

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -

Thomas Jefferson

Bogus Jim

Lookin' good, GB. That WRF engine will rev faster than 4k, you know... redlines around 13k.   ;D

(I'm joking, I know you're getting used to the smaller bike... )

jacin theis

Any take backs? i miss that bike already!
Whos in for a big trip? Alsaka? Moab (again)? Baja?
1100 GS

Hank

No quincies, double quincies or take backs.   And you can't triple stamp a double stamp.  :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

greatbuffalo

Jacin........NO!! I really like it.

Bogus.....Give me a break man, i'm comin from a 500 pounder where all the power happens between 3000 - 4300. Its gonna take time to get used to the high revs but it will be a hoot to do it. I haven't been on a bike like this for many years. Its not a question of if I get hurt, but when. :evil :evil

Joni...... Yes I have it on the side of the helmet and really like it there. Easy to reach to turn off and on. I'll take a pic of it when I get back home on Monday. Your other option is to mount it low on your visor. I've seen others do it.

loingrader

Quote from: greatbuffalo on June 08, 2012, 09:28:45 PM
Its not a question of if I get hurt, but when. :evil :evil

drop me a line when you're sick of getting hurt on it and i'll zip up to mitchell and take it off your hands.     ;D
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

greatbuffalo

Not any time soon Brett.

Osnabrock

That's pretty cool.
Like you said, quite a different thing than your big bike.
I'm excited for you. 
Don't talk too much about getting hurt, it might get into your head. 
"Don't be scared, it's fun.  I'll cheer you on."

greatbuffalo

I don't take myself too seriously when talking about getting hurt. Those that know me well will tell you that I've made a career of hurting myself but its never gotten in the way of bad judgement :evil :evil

I have broken many bones, and lots of soft tissue damage as well as many head injuries. I do not think of those things when I ride, but I do accept the risk when ever I straddle the bike. If it happens....it happens. I just try to keep the odds in my favor by wearing the amount of protection I deem adequate for the situation.

Mostly I say I'm gonna get hurt in jest.

I just can't wait to get out on the trails with it and learning alot from you guys that have been riding lighter bikes for years. Please, PLEASE offer any advice you have.

I even bought new boots to ride offroad with. they are are not true MX but a heavy dualsport boot. I really like them so far.

I am now looking for pants for offroading protection that is within the budget.

JoniJo

I agree a lot with GB about injuries. I've always thought it better to laugh at life (especially my own) than worry about any little injury that might befall me.
Now....I'm not talking about riding stupid. Maybe just a little on the edge. If my heart isn't racing just a wee bit, I'm not having enough fun.     ;D

Leave the Blance running!   8)                         

JoniJo

P.S. Remember, I'm riding an XR650 this year. Please pick me up when I fall!!!!!!!!!!  :o

P.P.S. My kids are 31 and 33. If I had little ones at home I'd be singing a different tune.
JoniJo

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -

Thomas Jefferson

greatbuffalo

Exactly what I said to my eldest son the other day. He's a VERY new rider and doesn't have the natural skills of his younger brother. He was riding beyond his ability, so I reminded him he has a 6 month old and a 1 1/2 year old. Now is not the time to take himself out of commission.

propwash1967

I, too, took a long vacation from the dirt, grew up hammering my Kawi KX125 all over the track and trails, now at 44 I bought a DR650S and am loving it again.  I guess my thoughts on getting hurt now are:

"I'm leaving this world the same way I came in, screaming and covered in blood!!!"   :evil
Scott Shellenberger
2005 Kawasaki 1600 Nomad
1990 Suzuki DR650S
1983 Honda XL200R