News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Last Nice Day of The Year?

Started by tannerc, November 04, 2015, 06:42:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tannerc

With temps in the 70's I decided I better get out for a ride!

Left Madison around 10:45 and headed to Yankton to meet up with a friend for dinner. Then just rode around the area and headed back to Madison via Mitchell about 300 Miles worth, was a good day!

"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

grubbie

Nice! Love the switchyard/transformer pic......

Bogus Jim

Bonanza! Man, I don't think I've eaten there since I was a teenager. As I recall they had a decent steak at a decent price.

Glad you got out today, hate to say it but I think the riding season is about over...

tannerc

Quote from: Bogus Jim on November 04, 2015, 09:22:20 PM
Bonanza! Man, I don't think I've eaten there since I was a teenager. As I recall they had a decent steak at a decent price.

Glad you got out today, hate to say it but I think the riding season is about over...

Good old Bonanza, ok meat at a decent price, $15 gets you a 10 oz ribeye with salad bar and hot bar. I used to live in Yankton and tried to get back to the areas I used to terrorize on dirt bikes, Most of it is all closed off private (was all corp land) and houses are up in a lot of it. It was nice to get back in the area on a bike.
I do believe the season came to a close for me yesterday, the long range forecast looks like back to normal temps with wet stuff on and off.

Quote from: grubbie on November 04, 2015, 07:23:45 PM
Nice! Love the switchyard/transformer pic......

Yeah Grubbie one of our subs, I see them all day long on the one line and cant picture the location very well, nice to run on to them while out riding around and actually see the physical location as well as terrain surrounding them.
"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

Hank

Sorry I couldn't tag along.  Stupid work!

I'd like to try a Bonanza again, its been years.   I do have a set of super cool genuine Bonanza steak plates!

tannerc

Quote from: Hank on November 05, 2015, 05:46:13 PM
Sorry I couldn't tag along.  Stupid work!

I'd like to try a Bonanza again, its been years.   I do have a set of super cool genuine Bonanza steak plates!

We all got to work to pay for our 2 wheeled addictions!