News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

The Dakar

Started by greatbuffalo, January 07, 2013, 09:54:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greatbuffalo

Anybody paying attention to the Dakar? There's been a lot of shake up so early in the event. It could be interesting if things keep going the way they are.

http://www.dakar.com/index_DAKus.html
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

jacin theis

Not close enough.... looks like Keving Muggelton # 186 of Denver, CO is out. Not sure what happened but he has a photo on his Facebook page showing him down and mentions a crash... What a bummer to invest that much time, money and training, only to be out the first day.

I don't have cable, so get no coverage. Is there a good website for highlights?
Whos in for a big trip? Alsaka? Moab (again)? Baja?
1100 GS

greatbuffalo

You can get the daily highlight show streamed on British Euosport. Becuase they are 6-7, 7 for you, hours ahead they run it during the day for us. You can stream that at mypremium.tv check Europsort online schedule and subtract 7 hours. That's the only english speaking stream I've found.

NBC sports is carrying it here but at 1:30 am. Even at that it changes so one can't depend on it. They ran it at 1:00 am, a half hour early so I missed most of it. Gotta catch it tomorrow on Eurosport.

I just remembered that there are sites that stream the BBC too. They are carrying the highlight shows as well. The Dakar organization takes all the footage, edits it and then distributes that to all the carriers. So everyone carries the same feed.

The top american on the bikes is Caselli, a multi Baja 1000 winner who took Mark Coma's KTM ride when he withdrew d/t injury in Morocco. He's in 19th.

There are many that dump lots of time and hemorrhage big money to run this race just to have it cut very short.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?