News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

WR 250 R Chain Slider

Started by sleddog, October 12, 2014, 10:09:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sleddog

Jim, Dave or anyone else

I've bought my WR with 9k, now I've got 17k on it. I replaced the slider at about 12k just cause it was getting close & I replaced the chain.  It went another 3k & was just wore through. The next one lasted 500 miles. I put a new one on & rode about 30 miles & it's damn near wore through. Gearing has always been 13/49 Chain & sprockets are good.

Any ideas???

Lonesome Dave

Yes..........too long for me to type......I'll send you a pm so you call me.
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Bogus Jim

Lots of theories on why some WRR's wear out chain sliders quickly... I don't know the definitive answer. I have to replace my chain slider every 5-8k miles. Not great mileage but I can live with it. I'm running 13/47 and x-ring chain.

Yamaha issued a technical bulletin on chain adjustment for WRR but it only applies to stock sprockets (13/43). I set the chain slack as shown in this article. Enjoy the photos...  ;)

http://easterndirt.com/EDM/?p=207

grubbie

Funny,......I wear that same outfit when I adjust my chain........

sleddog

Thanks guys for the feedback.....

Jim, the link must be broke! I don't see anything about chain adjustment  ;)

greatbuffalo

Aside from the other issues that this How-To article raises. Is it true that the shock has to come out to adjust the slack properly?
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Bogus Jim

Quote from: greatbuffalo on October 16, 2014, 01:40:48 AM
Is it true that the shock has to come out to adjust the slack properly?

No, usually you can just unbolt the bottom of the shock, or some guys use a ratchet strap around the seat and leave the shock on. I think they removed the shock and subframe just so they could take more pictures of the girl.