News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Can't navigate site?

Started by sleddog, December 30, 2014, 02:12:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sleddog

With my laptop I can't navigate past the opening page, on DDSA. I have no problem with of connection with other sites.  Tapatalk is the only way I can connect.

Hank

When you click the "enter the forum" link, what happens?  Does it just hang there, or do you get an error?

sleddog

It just hangs. Frustrating! If I get past that it does the same when trying to navigate further. It's the only site I'm having issues with.

Hank

Where are you logging in from, and who is your internet provider?   I have some bans set for certain hosts, but I can tweak them if that is the problem.

sleddog

Logging in from home. Verizon is ISP. I'm using the same ISP when using Tapatalk if that makes any difference.

Hank

That's weird.   Easiest thing to try would be a different browser.
I think we had a problem a while back were a few people had to delete any DDSR related browser cookies too, then it worked.   Some people had trouble after I moved the hosting to my account.

Tell me what browser you use and I can try to post some help if you need it to delete the cookies.

sleddog

It doesn't make any difference which browser. Explorer or Chrome. I've cleaned the cookies via internet options.
I did get in this time but, it took f-o-r-e-v-e-r!

Hank

Have you tried on a different computer from the same location?

sleddog

Yes, that was one of the 1st things I did, using my wife's laptop. I just tried using Safari & my iPhone to access the site. Same thing.

greatbuffalo

Sleddog, I heard that the Salam, Canasota area has been the location of sevaral UFO landings of late. That may be the problem.... maybe.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Hank

It almost sounds like a DNS problem, but I don't know why that would be, and if it was the case then you might have problems with other sites.    I'm sure you've reset your modem.

You don't by chance know your external IP address do you?   I could look in the logs.

It could very well be aliens.