News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

DR 650 repair kit

Started by grubbie, November 04, 2015, 08:07:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grubbie

I injured my DR while riding Sunday with LD. Here is what some comedian at work left on my desk this morning....

woodsrider 53 RCSD

Now that's funny how much is it.

ryani

If you're going to be dumb, you better be tough

Lonesome Dave

I'm going to send him the cords for that frickin rock.  They'll park it next to your desk just for a reminder!
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Lonesome Dave

Since last week when Grubbie and I were out riding and he hit the rock with his DR, I knew I had to return to the accident scene.  Today, I went back there, s l o w l y, I didn't want that rock to get me like poor Grubbie.
First here are the cords for the accident scene; N44 04.xxx, W103 39.xxx
Please mark your gps so this doesn't happen to you.

This picture shows how dangerous this trail really is.  See how the rock is hiding in the grass.

This picture shows how very small and unseen this rock is.  It hardly comes half way up the side of the bike.  Now keep in mind the bike is lowered and may be deceiving.

This photo is looking from the other direction.  Now remember we first rode by going this direction, but eventually had to turn around.
Once again see how its lurking in the weeds, you can hardly see it.

This photo you can hardly see a downed tree.  This tree wasn't there last week.  I shudder to think what might have happened with poor Grubbie trying to see both the little tree hiding at the edge of the road much less the almost invisible rock.

And, here's the rock.  You can see it much better with all the weeds and camouflage removed.  Its a very pretty rock and I hope to claim it next weekend.  I'm going to have a new decorative yard rock.  I already have a name in mind for it.  Any ideas?
I know, how about "Grubbie Rock."  Hell, that sounds like a new energy drink!

I bring this information to you only because I want everyone to see how dangerous it really is riding with Lonesome Dave.  This is a typical and extremely difficult two track which is very common while hanging with me.  I'm sorry to get you into this mess, Grubbie.
Grubbie, please show these photos to Heidi so she can understand how bad this trail really is.  ;)

Oh yea, thanks for lunch and the beer!

Older - Wiser - Faster !

greatbuffalo

Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Hank

Lol!

I'm still trying to spot the rock.

cadet1

Lol

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

grubbie

WOW!!! What an evil bugger you are!!!! AND....AND....AND.......that tree WAS there. As I explained, that is what sent me into the other "lane" of the trail that caused the horrific collision. Let me see,...I must have another excuse in there somewhere,. Let me study the pictures for a while.

Lonesome Dave

Grubbie, that was great, love it!!
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Bogus Jim

That is a nice looking rock, seems like some quartz or something in it.