News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Enduro DVDs

Started by The Yeti, May 01, 2010, 12:46:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Yeti

Sorry, I got a little long-winded here.

So, ther other day I check my mail, and there's a DVD from the "Worldwide Motocross Association" (googled it, came up with nada), inviting me to join their "Pushing The Limits DVD Collection" series.  For only $12.95 every 2-3 months, I would get a similar "motocross themed" DVD, cancel at anytime, no obligation, blah, blah, blah...reminded me of the old Columbia or BMG record clubs back in the day (boy, really dated myself there). I almost threw the whole envelope in the garbage straight away, but decided at the last minute that anything that had to do with motocross can't be all bad, and threw it on my desk for later inspection.  Yesterday, I noticed it still laying there...opened up the DVD and put it on.  I was instantly BLOWN AWAY!  What's this? Very, very cool helicopter shots of the start of some obviously crazy-ass enduro race, put to some great music, shot very well, edited very well...not at all what I was expecting.

This was "Tougher Than Iron: The Enduro at Erzberg".  A little one-hour movie that was probably one of the most pleasurable hours I've ever spent sitting on my ass in front of the TV.  I'd seen Erzberg videos online, but never like this, and never on the "big screen" (I've got a 61" HDTV)...my jaw literally dropped. Have any of you already seen this?  I was clueless. Erzberg and "The Iron Giant" is flat out insane. Pure insanity! This movie captured it all and was very well made, a lot of attention to detail in the picture quality, music, editing, voice-over, interviews, camera work, direction...not what you'd expect from some free DVD you get in the mail.

After I got done watching the DVD (and literally catching my breath), I went online and found the production company behind it all - Throttle Entertainment.  I was stunned that they not only produced this awesome movie I'd never even heard of, but they have 17 other DVDs as well!  I can't wait to start collecting them all.

Check out their website, and don't miss the trailers they have for their DVDs:

http://store.throttleentertainment.com/dvds.aspx

I wouldn't join the DVD club, because who the hell knows what they'll send you next, but I will definitely be buying some of the DVDs directly from Throttle Entertainment. I have no idea how they got my name and signed me up for this, but I thank whoever it was, cause this DVD is AWESOME!

Trailer for "Tougher Than Iron: The Enduro at Erzberg" here:

"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

loingrader

never heard of it, but yea, amazing.  makes us look like a bunch of big ol sissies!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEZBPdWp6GM&feature=related
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

grubbie

Quote from: loingrader on May 01, 2010, 12:10:31 PM
never heard of it, but yea, amazing.  makes us look like a bunch of big ol sissies!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEZBPdWp6GM&feature=related
I'm afraid gravity would have made me her b*tch on that one...

Osnabrock

This thread got me thinking...........
Is there anything illegal about passing around a DVD? 
I picked up a ride report video called Salt and Gold ][/http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=464723] and was thinking it might be neat to pass it around to anyone interested in checking it out.
I don't want to do anything against copyright laws on principal but would like to share information.
Anyone???
"Don't be scared, it's fun.  I'll cheer you on."

fringefan

I think as long as you are not make and distributing copies your good to go. I know because i stayed at a holiday inn once

JoniJo

I swear this is the Yeti crawling over those rocks!!!!!!!!!!!   Joni    ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLQLkoa8Tw0&feature=related
JoniJo

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -

Thomas Jefferson

The Yeti

Quote from: JoniJo on January 27, 2011, 11:02:31 PM
I swear this is the Yeti crawling over those rocks!!!!!!!!!!!   Joni    ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLQLkoa8Tw0&feature=related

Well, the gear is almost a match, but my skills wouldn't even qualify me to lick Taddy's boots!  That man is a monster on a bike! 

The Yeti

Quote from: Osnabrock on January 27, 2011, 05:40:17 PM
This thread got me thinking...........
Is there anything illegal about passing around a DVD? 
I picked up a ride report video called Salt and Gold ][/http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=464723] and was thinking it might be neat to pass it around to anyone interested in checking it out.
I don't want to do anything against copyright laws on principal but would like to share information.
Anyone???

Loaning is legal - copying is illegal. Ask me how I know - and it has nothing to do with Holiday Inn.  ;)  WTF wuz that about, fringefan?   ???

loingrader

starting to get off topic but...

a friend in college had a nice computer and printer.  he would rent dvd's from the movie place in brookings, copy them, print the original image on the copied DVD, return the copied DVD to the movie place and keep the original.

never got caught and did this many many many times. 
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

Osnabrock

Well if no harm can come from it, maybe we should start the DDSR traveling library.  If anyone is interested in the Salt and Gold video for their viewing pleasure, PM me and I'll send it off in the post next week.  Once you've had your fill, and pass it along.

Osnabrock

DVD off to Joni in Nebraska as soon as the Post Office opens on Monday. 
Don't forget to read the ride report.  It may even be better than the video.
Enjoy.

JoniJo

The day I get the video I'll watch it. Let me know who'd like it next!!!!   

Spring is just around the corner.   ;D           Joni
JoniJo

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -

Thomas Jefferson

JoniJo

Just got the video, "Salt and Gold" from Osnabrock. Thanks!!!!
By the way, when I recieved the video the case was cracked a bit. I don't know if it was sent that way or the lovely USPS damaged it. Just wanted to be clear so someone didn't think that I sat on it.
I'm going to watch it right away. If the next interested party would PM me, I'll get it off to you ASAP!!!!!!
Think spring.....think spring.....think spring.... Is it working yet?  ;D   Joni
JoniJo

Thomas Jefferson

fringefan

Wold love to watch it 1014 st anne rc sd 57701.

Yeti, you have never seen the Holiday Inn commercials?

The Yeti

Quote from: fringefan on February 04, 2011, 11:26:25 AM
Wold love to watch it 1014 st anne rc sd 57701.

Yeti, you have never seen the Holiday Inn commercials?

Apparently not......