News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Help requested in Deadwood by ADVer

Started by Osnabrock, July 02, 2011, 11:37:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Osnabrock

Came across this at the ADV site and thought I should cross post here.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=703314
Anyone in any place to offer assistance?
"Don't be scared, it's fun.  I'll cheer you on."

jacin theis

Whos in for a big trip? Alsaka? Moab (again)? Baja?
1100 GS

jacin theis

Osanabrock, Brian of B.C. thanks you for the crosspost. We got him fixed up to get home. Glad i had a takeoff sitting here. Met three great guys, and got some more practice on changing tires with out a shop. I am ordering a bead breacker today.
1100 GS

Osnabrock

Great.
I'm glad that it worked out.  We all need a little help from time to time. 
You're a stand-up person Jacin.

loingrader

Quote from: jacin theis on July 03, 2011, 01:51:14 PM
I am ordering a bead breacker today.

if you haven't yet i highly recommend the motion pro bead popper.  works awesome on any type of motorcycle tire and is simple as the hammer you use with it!
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

jacin theis

1100 GS

Bogus Jim

This is a trick I've used a couple times. Works great in the garage, but kind of inconvenient to have a car follow you around on the trails...  :D

http://www.webbikeworld.com/t2/bead-breaker/motorcycle-tire-bead-breaker.htm

loingrader

Quote from: jacin theis on July 05, 2011, 08:01:54 AM
am i over doing it?

why waste your money.  the motion pro bead popper works awesome.  seriously.  i change a lot of tires.  from a fat little tw200, stiff knobby klr650, stiff high mileage gl650, large hi performance cbr1100xx tire, a hammer and the bead popper works perfectly and effortlessly.  i've changed 8 motorcycle tires within the last 2 weeks and have 4 more to be done this week.

i used to use a big hydraulic press and it would take about 10 times longer than this little blue bead popper.  in less than a minute, any tire bead will be off the rim. 

and i'm the type of guy that typically over does it myself when buying tools. 

get it, you won't be sorry.
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

Osnabrock

A C-clamp has worked for me in the past.  I wouldn't want to carry one around with me but it works just fine for the shop and toolkit.  That Motion Pro looks like a good option when the C-clamp fails me.

jacin theis

i like the thought of the Motion Pro and simplicity is what i want. I dont want to get one and fight the tires as i swap back and forth to more aggresive tires. ( i know, by extra wheels)... It also would be easy to pack. For the price i might start with that. thanks loingrader
1100 GS

loingrader