News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Bragging rights

Started by BCB1080, July 22, 2015, 03:46:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BCB1080

Rode the highest road in the world late last month. I'm on the right.

Dr Psyko

11th Commandment: Thou shalt not slide through life.

Hank

Wow, that's not something you get to do every day.

What's the story?

Fletch

stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

Bogus Jim

Hmmm... 11,100 feet higher than Bear Mountain.

Bike looks like a Royal Enfield?

BCB1080

Royal Enfield 350 Classics. Rentals for 1600 Rupee/day.
Short version of the story is a friend of mine from high school, Morgan on the left, decided we would go see the Himalayas and somewhere in SE Asia. In early April we bought tickets to Nepal, then there was an earth quake so we needed a new plan for the Himalayas. I had looked at Edeilweiss' (sp?) motorcycle tours through the Ladakh region of India and decided "well lets copy that". So we bought more plane tickets to Srinigar, then a Jeep to Leh. There we rented bikes and did day trips, Khardung la being one of them, sightseeing mountains and monasteries the rest. Then we ended up in Koh Samui Thailand for a week ripping around on rented scooters. It was an amazing trip. After I decompress and get photos and footage together I'm planning a trip report on Advrider.
It was a lot of fun but really proved to me that all you need is plane tickets, just figure it out when you get there. It worked well for us anyway, once.  :)

Hank

Please post your report here too, or at least a link to it.  Sounds awesome!

Sent from the Altair 8800 I carry around.

greatbuffalo

That's awesome! I've made some Indian friends this summer and they have friends that run tours in that area. they said if I ever get over there, they'd hook me up. As bcb says, i just gotta get there.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?