News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Help choosing bikes.

Started by Black Hills Back Country, August 29, 2015, 04:38:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Hills Back Country

Hey All,

Looking for a little advice from the brain trust.  My 6 year old son was at a friends birthday party the other day and rode his CRF50 and now it's in his blood.  The surprising part is my wife said we should get him one.  I've never dealt with the little bikes and was wondering what the best one would be?  I also have a 3 year old and would like one that would last long enough to pass it down to him when my oldest out grows it.  Anyone have any suggestions?

I also better start looking for a bike for myself because it'll be hard to putt around with him on my Tenere  ;D. I'm leaning toward a WR 250 because I've owned one in the past and liked it but thats really the only 250 I've ever ridden.  Looking for something under $3000 that's easy to maintain.  Thanks in advance for the advice.

Pat

Fletch

PW50 is hard to beat.  And you almost always get your money back out of it when it's time to sell.
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

Hank

Ill second the pw50..  I bought a pair of used ones for my girls, sold them 2 years later for the same money.  They are really tiny, great for small kids.

Sent from the Altair 8800 I carry around.

Black Hills Back Country

Thanks guys.  I was leaning toward the PW myself but wasn't sure.  I'll post in the wanted section as well but if anyone has one they don't need anymore I'd be interested.  I live in Belle Fourche.

Black Hills Back Country

Thanks for the recommendations.  I found an older PW50 today.  I'm real excited to start riding with my son.