News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Fast KLR

Started by Black Hawk, January 03, 2011, 08:05:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Hawk

So the KLR was sitting at the red light, And a fully restored 1961 Corvette pulled up .... Man what a car The KLR riders says. The driver of the Vet (Very proud) Pops open the passenger door to show the rider the immaculate insides. The light turns green, the driver closes the door. They both jokingly rev there motors and both laugh. They exchange nods and off they go.
The guy in the Vet jumps out ahead and politely waves as he races by.. Smiling as he go's. to his shock, the KLR races by his passenger side and scoots up the road in front of him......
Well we know this is not going to work for the Vet driver... He gets a little heaver on the Gas and passes the KLR again with another smiling wave.... To his unbelievable SHOCK... the KLR again races by him..... "ARE YOU SHITEN ME" the Vet driver says to him self...
NOW ITS ON.... The Vet driver (with blood racing) Mashes the gas peddle to the mats, kicks in the 4 barrel and takes off like a dog with kerosene on it ass... at 145 miles per hour and still climbing, he passes the KLR with the devil in his eyes and the wind of a hurricane...
You could not shock this proud Corvette owner more if you told him, He was pregnant,,,,,, Like the vet was standing still, the KLR went racing by with speeds that only god himself could match...... fly's up the road... spins on a dime and falls over.....

The Corvette screeches to a halt and Shaking like a queer eating a hot dog, The driver gets out and not know what he will find.... Slowly walks over to the KLR and its rider...... "are, are, are you OK man" he quietly asks the rider??????

"Yes.. Im fine, But could you please open your passenger door and let my suspender go"............  :o  ;D

I thought this was a good laugh for a cool day
dick
Black Hawk SD in the summer
Yuma AZ in the winter

KLE650 for the Black Hills

Bogus Jim

145 mph on a KLR... that is a good one.  ;)

It's not widely known, but in the 1992 KLR model year, there was a special-order option in the Japanese market that allowed the KLR to break the 130 mph barrier. This option was never offered in the U.S., due to poor sales and alleged high maintenance costs ($200 just to change spark plugs), but I did manage to find some video footage on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ratfuML9QA

fringefan

;D

You sounded so convinving that I actually thought it would be a KLR.

plumber mike

Quote from: fringefan on January 04, 2011, 09:22:32 AM
;D

You sounded so convinving that I actually thought it would be a KLR.

I've met him...so I can see why he would think KiLleR could be capable of that.

Loigrader probably thinks it's real too.

Jerry was riding the KLR. Now that's a more likely story.

Thanks for sharing.

;D :D

Mike

loingrader

mine will do over 100mph indicated.  of course mine is the 92 so maybe it is a grey market import with the hop up option.  still pretty easy to change my plugs though.

here's a guy that has had his to 122 on the salt.

http://www.klr650.net/forums/showthread.php?s=9f74cd6503796d2419400687f70ec00a&t=85953

i bet 145 is even possible if you want to spend the money.  would probably cost you.
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

fringefan

Might have to push it to get it going with the high gears needed and the rider would have to be a few lbs lighter than I am unless we are going down hill ;D